1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Bassbreaker 30R

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by archetype, Jan 24, 2019.

1. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Anybody see, hear, or play through a...

Fender Bassbreaker 30R

...?

30 Watt combo, a pair of EL84s, 12" Celestion V-type, "two separate channels based on the Bassbreaker 15 and 18/30," effects loop, etc. $900 USD.

I wonder which of the 18/30 channels they cloned? Why didn't they just make a single 12" combo version of the 18/30? So many questions, so little money. :oops:

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  2. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

I have the 15, but haven’t tried any of the other models. I love the 15, but it doesn’t have a lot of clean headroom so I am interested in the higher watt models, but don’t run across a lot of info about them, or any of the amps in person to try out.

3. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

That's 4 EL84s.

4. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Yes. Thank ya. :D

5. basdenchris

basdenchris TDPRI Member

I’m anxiously waiting for someone who has one to chime in. I also have a Bassbreaker 15 combo, and I love it, but I desperately need more headroom.

I’m also very curious how much clearance there is between the power tubes and the back of the speaker. In my BB15, I’m pretty limited in what I replace the stock Greenback in mine with. My hope is that there’s enough room to fit something like an Alnico Gold.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  6. OldGuy6873

OldGuy6873 Tele-Holic

7. basdenchris

basdenchris TDPRI Member

[EDIT - The thread to which I'm referring below is linked in Reply # 6 in this thread]

I posted my initial thoughts on a different thread, but I'll just say this to anyone looking at the 30r (especially if you've tried and liked the 15):

Do it. It's everything I love about my 15, but with a bigger cabinet (much bigger and cleaner bottom end if you want it, but the bass knob is still very useful if you don't) and more headroom.

My 15 combo was too dirty at gigs for my taste, distorting in a very unflattering, flubby way with any volume boost applied. It sounded great at low volumes, but in a 5 piece band it just didn't quite have the horsepower to keep me happy. It did and still does record VERY well, and some profiles I've made of it with my Kemper are pretty nice-sounding as well, but the 30r is exactly what I needed for the band.

I promised a video in the other thread, and I make that same promise here. I'm going to wait a little while to do it so I can get fully acquainted with the amp, but I think some of the other videos out there (so far; there aren't many at this time) fail to communicate what this amp really sounds like. Hopefully, I can do it justice.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  8. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Afflicted

Really good amp.
    Luv mine.
    See the thread already mentioned.
    IMG_20190306_090049.jpg

9. OldGuy6873

OldGuy6873 Tele-Holic

Will be putting up a demo/review on my YouTube channel in the next couple of days. I'll link to it once it's up.

10. OldGuy6873

OldGuy6873 Tele-Holic

11. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Nice demo, thanks for posting it!

OldGuy6873 likes this.
  12. OldGuy6873

OldGuy6873 Tele-Holic

Thanks for watching!!

13. Mervyn Futter

Mervyn Futter NEW MEMBER!

Does any one know if there is a Kemper profile of the Bassbreaker 30R for sale anywhere please?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.