Ad Free Member
- Feb 24, 2007
- New Orleans, LA + in the
Changing the polarity alone, won't get you 60 cycle noise cancellation with the stock pickups. You'd have to switch one or both pickups so that they are reverse wound and reverse polarity towards one another. Such as, FCS "No-Caster" pickup sets.Got the Baja!
A few points, after 20 minutes of playing/testing/enjoying:
- I don't care about out-of-phase (as I already knew beforehand)
- I might convert the switch to a 'regular' 4-way switch, if feasible, and check if I can change the polarity (+wire switching) of the bridge pickup, so I'll have RWRP. For the moment, noise is within acceptable limits, even with distortion.
- The poly finish on the back of the neck is fine for now, but let's see what happens in sweaty summertime.
- Vintage machine heads. I love vintage machine heads!
- The neck pickup is great! Definitely better than the one in my Classic Player.
To be clear: for the moment, I won't change a thing. I always take a few weeks to appreciate a guitar on its own merits...
Am I happy with my purchase? Oh yes!
Anyway, congrats! Great choice!