Fender Amp Repair in Denver Area?

Ted Keane

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I have a Fender Blues Jr.It's only a few years old.Played some but not alot.I plugged in a Gretsch that I bought used.When I used the PU switch it made a noise,and the amp went out.I found the fuse blown,and replaced it.Turned it on,was warming it up with nothing plugged in,and it made a noise and shut down.Fuse is blown again.I haven't looked at the tubes yet.Does anyone know of a good amp repair person near me?I live in Westminster,CO.Outside of Denver.

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
As to a qualified amp tech in the Denver area, that's a tough one. One guy that I've used just went out of business.

Let us know what you fins when you replace the power tubes.

Mexitele Blues

Tele-Afflicted
I have a Fender Blues Jr.It's only a few years old.Played some but not alot.I plugged in a Gretsch that I bought used.When I used the PU switch it made a noise,and the amp went out.I found the fuse blown,and replaced it.Turned it on,was warming it up with nothing plugged in,and it made a noise and shut down.Fuse is blown again.I haven't looked at the tubes yet.Does anyone know of a good amp repair person near me?I live in Westminster,CO.Outside of Denver.
I'm in Westminster as well and love my amps but I'm no pro. Call Electric City at 72nd & Lowell, if they can't do it they can hook you up with someone who can.

BTW I once bought a BJr with the same problems as yours. New EL84s fixed it. They tend to run very hot so consider changing them regularly.