Fender American performer / reverend eastider T.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by FootscrayTelee, Jul 18, 2019.

1. FootscrayTelee

FootscrayTelee NEW MEMBER!

Greeting's. I'm a recent convert to the telecaster. After buying a G&L asat classic indonesian built cheapy. Someone added new pickups and it sounds sweet. But I'm keen to add another. I have a reverend gil parris signature that's nice so I came across the Pete Anderson eastider T which looks stunning, the decision seemed easy . But where I live it's gonna be about the same price as a fender American performer tele. Anybody have any opinions on which they'd pick. I can physically try out the fender but not the reverend.

2. marcflores

marcflores Tele-Meister

I owned the American performer for a few weeks before returning it to buy the Reverend. I like the Reverend’s features (locking tuners, roasted maple neck, push pull tone, treble bleed volume, bound body), but I REALLY liked the Fender neck a lot more.

DanDII and FootscrayTelee like this.
  3. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Go try the Fender, if you love it or you hate it the decision is easy.
    If it is somewhere in between then you have some more thought.

FootscrayTelee likes this.
  4. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

For me the Reverend Eastsider was where it's at - you've get the nice features, and in my experience (though limited with Reverends) the QC overall is better than for Fenders. Mine stays in tune perfectly, and I really like the bridge - if it's going to be modern style it should be high quality, all stainless like this one is. Plus - BINDING! Mine is going to get modded a bit, but that's because I'm crazy not because the guitar isn't great.
    Some people need it to be a Fender though, and if that's you, then go ahead and get the Fender. It's all about what speaks to you, not an objective decision.

FootscrayTelee and marcflores like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.