Fender American Elite vs Gibson Classic 2019?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by valvestate, Aug 18, 2019.

1. valvestate

valvestate Tele-Afflicted

I mostly play in our Church which is generally rock-ish to light ballad style music. Wifey wanted me to buy a new guitar for me soon for my birthday and I still cannot decide which I should get. :cool:

I've never had a 'real' Gibson, I want to like it but I already have 2 LP-clones in my arsenal so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Always been a Fender guy but Elite still lacks the power and punch of a Gibson but definitely a Stratocaster can play nice cleans.

I already have these in my collection:

1. Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH with 9.5 radius
    2. Fender Stratocaster MIJ HSS with heel cutaway 9.5 radius
    3. Ibanez SA Series HH
    4. Greco Les Paul with Slash PUPs
    5. Burny LP Custom Black Beauty 1990s

I can I only afford max like 2K ++ , so what do you think folks? I'm also looking at some PRS SEs... they look great especially the price but whenever I hold them, it just feels cheap to me compared with the bigger names. I tried a PRS SE Custom 24

[​IMG]

What do you think folks?

2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Time for a P90 guitar by the look of it. Got the power, got the chimey, bell like cleans

DF4BD49B-51D3-465D-9448-959542E384E4.jpeg

3. valvestate

Cool! I've never had or played any guitar with P90s! :cool:

4. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

That looks familiar,

5. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

There's so many options for you.

I would probably consolidate. If you ditched two of the LP copies and one Strat, added a bit of cash...

You could have the exact Strat you really want and the LP you really want (I would probably choose a used Traditional Pro Les Paul and a great Strat.)

gridlock likes this.
  6. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

I wouldn't expect that a production-line Gibson would necessarily be a much better guitar than the Burny / Greco stuff. Or that a factory Fender would kill the MIJ Strat, either, if you like the pickups. I like the idea of consolidating & getting one killer guitar in each category.

But before you buy anything, go try out a Music Man Stingray or Cutlass. They're right in your price range but serious custom shop quality. The Stingray in particular might float your boat, roasted maple neck please. Mmmm. . . .

valvestate likes this.
  7. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

As someone who has owned several mid-range Fenders and Epiphones, I've since determined that I would rather have high-end guitars and amps, even if it is much more limited in number. To that end, I have owned a Fender Tele Elite and it was amazing. I now have a Fender Strat Elite, which is soooo great. I did change the pups and wiring b/c I didn't like the S-1 switch. I love the neck and vibrato on the elites. The neck: the playability of the back C to D profile cannot be overstated.

valvestate likes this.
  8. valvestate

Nice! I also wanted a new amp but living in an apartment will really limit cranking up the volume (I have an AC15 in Church)

Please tell me more about your Fender Elite! Is it HSS? You have any photos? How's the playability and does it stay in tune?

fender Elite is one of the top model in their line up today right?

9. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I'm confused - Where is the tele? If you don't have one, that's your answer!

10. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

If you are already in the $2k range push that budget up around $500 and you can find a used Custom Shop Les Paul Reissue which is going to be light years beyond the standard production models. Look for a used R58, R59 or R00 depending on your neck preference. There are some really great guitars in the mid $2k range.

11. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Afflicted

Gibson.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.