Fender Acoustic

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by jazzalta, Jul 14, 2009.

1. jazzalta

jazzalta Tele-Meister

Just picked up an elec/acous Fender CD22cse and am quite impressed. It has a scalloped braced spruce top and Asian striped ebony b/s. I've been without an acoustic for awhile, but have owned mostly Martins and Larrivees in the past. I compared this model to all under $1000.00 in the acoustic room at my local music store. Those guitars included Takamine G series, Simon and Patrick and Guild. Kept going back to the Fender though, and it was 1/2 the price of most. Anyway, just thought I'd pass along the info in case anyone was looking for a cheap but good sounding quality instrument. Sorry if this instrument has been presented before.

2. williamfriggle

williamfriggle Tele-Meister

Ebony back and sides. That is interesting. I would think it would sound good. Do you have any pictures of it?

Bill

3. Tarnisher

Tarnisher Friend of Leo's

I'm sure it's not solid ebony- just a veneer on the surface.

I bought an orchestra sized Fender acoustic last year that had a solid cedar top, and was just a great little guitar. Except for the fact that I could feel one of the braces from the top side of the guitar. I was afraid that it would have problems, so I sent it back. Too bad, really- in every other respect it was an excellent instrument.

4. SatelliteOrders

SatelliteOrders Friend of Leo's

My Fender A/E has a solid top and laminate back and sides. I certainly think it's a decent guitar, and I'm glad you found one you like.

It is a looker.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.