Fender 70th anniversary broadcaster-I have questions

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Esquire Bob, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Esquire Bob

Esquire Bob TDPRI Member

Hi-anyone know how many piece body the USA version is? The custom shop ones all say two piece off-seem ash body. All I find re:USA version is ash body.
    Also does anyone know if the paint is poly based? Thanks again

2. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

I don’t know about body pieces but the finish is probably the same as the A.O series with a poly sealer

They poly sealer isn’t a deal breaker to me as fender always has used a pretty stout sealer

And from experience the new A.O finishes are thinner than the internet would have you believe

The only thing I don’t like about the broadcaster is the tinted neck and wide dot spacing

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  3. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Body pieces are either 2 or 3 piece. Same as every other Tele ever.

Fretting out likes this.
  4. vhilts1

vhilts1 Tele-Meister

My guess is this

Its a MIA telecaster with a special sticker on it......some niche market PUPs.....and a few very slight differences that dont add up to much at all plugged in with a band

oldfish likes this.
  5. RedTele58

RedTele58 Tele-Meister

I received mine yesterday from Sweetwater. I have to tell you, it's the nicest Tele in my collection. It's a 3 piece body. Finish as talked about above. It's light. Maybe the lightest Tele in my collection. Sounds wonderful. Nice case. Comes with a few extra goodies.

Worth every penny!

Crobbins and Fretting out like this.
  6. ECC83

ECC83 TDPRI Member

Mine is 2-piece. From the front it looks one piece, but you can see the rings on the bottom. And in the rear the joint between the pieces is visible.

Crobbins and gwjensen like this.
  7. Fender-guy

Fender-guy Tele-Meister

All the ones I’ve picked up in the local shops have been 2 piece. All over the board for grain patterns and especially weight. I’d definitely try before you buy as one I picked up was definitely closer to a 9 pounder.

I can’t say for the finish but it is more than likely the same as the AO series.

8. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Yes, I believe that's the case. In fact, apart from a few detail differences, it's essentially the same guitar as the AO50s which I have (also a lightweight two piece body).

9. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I wish.

I'd guess that at least 40% of all Telecasters that FMIC has sold, have more than 3 pieces, especially if you include those veneers. Think of all those MIM Standards with veneer bodies and all those "sandwich" bodies from the "pool rout" era.

I've got eight of a variant of the AV52 from 2006, with a clear finish. Seven are center join 2 piece and the Eighth one is basically 3 equal sized pieces. I would call that mostly lucky cards - there's more 3 piecers usually, in this price range than I got. Even if the center 2 piece is very common.

vhilts1 likes this.
  10. ECC83

ECC83 TDPRI Member

Here's one I tried in a store yesterday. Looks like a 2 piece, but it's 1/3+2/3.

[​IMG]

11. teleplayer99

teleplayer99 Tele-Meister

Posted most of this earlier but Daves Guitar shop has sold me at least 20 guitars online in the past years always used and always better than they rate them. I used to buy and sell then. Even made money selling to Elderly instruments once on a thin skin. They asked me where I found these guitars. Was my secret then. Have now received my used Broadcaster. Paid $1495 out the door. It had come in that day. Bought after I read the brief description. But I visit every ever day and have only bought, AVRI 52 tele, thin skins. Well you get it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.