Fender '65 Deluxe head, any owners and what cabinet?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by KelvinS1965, Sep 23, 2014.

1. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

I'm looking to get a new amp with a good clean sound and one option is the new Fender Deluxe head. I like that I could take just the head to rehearsals and use a 4 x 12 cabinet there and initially use the 12" speaker in one of my existing combo amps to practice at home.

What I'm not sure of it which cabinet it's meant to be used with as the UK shops I've looked in seem to have cabinets that go with other amps such as the Hot Rod Deluxe. I like the idea of a 2 x 12 cabinet to make a sort of easier to move, lower powered Twin reverb. Of course I could also add another head of a different brand later on to use with the same cabinet (some kind of Master volume Marshall perhaps).

Anyone got one of these heads and what cabinet(s) are you using with it?

Link to my local shop:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-amp-heads/pid32160/cid689/fender-65-deluxe-reverb-head-22-watts.asp

2. cowboy rob61

cowboy rob61 Tele-Meister

Let's see who chimes in. Can I just say, I love the idea of a Deluxe Twin!

3. cowboy rob61

4. cowboy rob61

5. cowboy rob61

I leave you alone now. I'm not really helping.

6. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

I quite like the idea of choosing my own speakers so the empty cabinet approach could be good. However, I'd be at a loss as to which speakers to buy, so it would help if I could try the Deluxe head into various cabs to work out what I want (even though initially I'd just be buying the head and making do with the studio 4 x 12 cabinet and my own combo speakers.

It would help if the cabinet looks nice enough to having in my living room (where my Line 6 lives now, which looks kind of like a Vox amp). That's where the empty cab option could work out as I know a place I can get a cab made in whatever colour tolex/tweed/grille cloth I like.

No sign of any actual Deluxe head owners yet though?

7. cowboy rob61

If it was me I'd get a couple of vintage American style speakers from WGS, Eminence et al. But if you might use other heads in the future, will that not be appropriate. I don't know.

8. sirbergersworth

sirbergersworth Tele-Holic

I would say a WGS G12C and a Reaper 30 or ET65 would work great. I have and love the g12c and reaper in separate 1x12 cabs but use them together all the time.
    I have no affiliation with WGS. I think their speakers sound awesome, they are nice folks and close (1day shipping) from STL, MO.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.