Fender 57 RI Champ seems too quiet

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by edlouis, Sep 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

To OP: I received my new 57 Custom Champ today from SW and it is anything but quiet. It is surprisingly loud and full sounding and not boxy - really nice. Not sure what the current status is with yours but it can't be right - sure hope you get it satisfactorily resolved.

tubegeek likes this.
  2. jrblue

jrblue Friend of Leo's

3. edlouis

edlouis TDPRI Member

Just an update, I appreciate all the replies, sent it in to Sweetwater and they replaced the 6v6 tube and sent it back to me at no cost, no other issue was reported. They are so great to deal with. I got the amp back and the low rattle/whine is gone, the hum is still there which I think is just something "stock" on this amp, but its low volume and doesn't bother me. I find the somewhat ear beating feedback to be when playing around 4-5, oddly when I turn the volume up and roll guitar volume down it lessens it quite a bit. For all its quirks I find myself really liking the champ. It does sound much more clear and beautiful when you turn it up and roll volume down. I live close to a great amp tech so I may take it into him as I read he can do some mods which make it even greater. Thanks again everyone!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.