1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender "358" picks

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Fireball519, Dec 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Hey guys and gals! Don't know if I'm posting in the right place or not. I (like many other people here) have been diligently searching for the old Fender white 358 picks to no luck. So today I bit the bullet and bought some regular size white Fender heavys and took the 120 grit to them. Surprisingly, they work great and came out pretty consistent. So if anybody is lonesome for those old 358's I say go for the reshaping option. Worked out great for me. Now I have a dozen of them ready to rock and roll! 20161201_135442.jpg

2. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin

Man, that's great news and a good idea. I've used white 358s for about 40 years, and I only have a few left that I've been hoarding since they stopped making them 10 years ago. Did you shape them by hand or use a tool? Thx. CS

3. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Just a piece of 120 grit sandpaper on a sanding block. Then used 2000 to knock the burrs off. Worked like a charm!

4. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

And btw thanks for the interest in the thread!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.