Fender 2016 USA Pickups ??

telemarketer

TDPRI Member
Can anyone identify these from the pics? Seller could not provide any better description than they are from a USA Fender Tele. I asked for resistance readings and he just sent these pics. He is selling for $60 $60US.
20220102_122201.jpg
20220102_122235.jpg

Nick Fanis

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
These don't have the most essential part of a tele bridge pickup (the base plate that makes a bridge tele pickup a REAL tele bridge pickup) so they are earlier than 2016 .

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
They’re older American Standard/American Series pickups.

They’re controversial. Some folks love em, some not so much. There is the whole baseplate argument, as mentioned above. There is also the plastic bobbin argument.

I like them. A lot. My take is that we’ve all heard them on plenty of records and liked them just fine. But when we look at them, the extra set of ears that guitar players have all grown on their eyeballs protest.

These are about the only factory stock Tele pickups I’ve never had the urge to change out. Your mileage of course may vary.

sjtalon

Doctor of Teleocity
Funny how some people will just snub pickups because they are what comes FACTORY stock and they like the Custom Shop Kool-aid.

Like the American Series/Standard Stratocaster pups.................they sometimes don't get the respect they deserve.

And then the other factor is that you will usually hear more from those that don't like something, than those that do.........Debbie Downer syndrome :lol:

chezdeluxe

Doctor of Teleocity
That neck pickup is a beauty and the plastic bobbin on the bridge with no baseplate allows you to push the pole pieces up to achieve a stagger if you need it.
That suits me using a wound G string.

I have even pushed them all the way out and reversed them to put the pickup in phase with a Gibson hum bucker in the neck on one of my 2008 American Standards.

telemarketer

TDPRI Member
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up ordering Wilde Alnico Micro Coils before checking back in here. These are going in a Fernandes Tele I just got that came with a Roland Synth pickup, but whoever did the mod might have skimped on the magnetic pu's.
I still may pick the American pickups just for the neck pickup to go with the quarter pounder bridge in my profile pic (Indonesian Squier).

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Funny how some people will just snub pickups because they are what comes FACTORY stock and they like the Custom Shop Kool-aid.

Like the American Series/Standard Stratocaster pups.................they sometimes don't get the respect they deserve.

And then the other factor is that you will usually hear more from those that don't like something, than those that do.........Debbie Downer syndrome :lol:
I just put the stock pickups from my 90's American Standard Strat into a Squier Strat that I like--that guitar sounds great now.