Feel Like Making Love, 1975

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
"Feel Like Makin' Love" is a song by English supergroup Bad Company. The power ballad originally appeared on the LP Straight Shooter in April 1975 and was released as a single in August of the same year. It was named the 78th best hard rock song of all time.

Make love, not war!!!
For peace in our troubled world!!!

Hope you enjoy my acoustic version.
Feedback and comments is much appreciated.

Copyright owners
Warner Chappell, LatinAutorPerf, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, Wixen Music Publishing, Inc., LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, PEDL.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I think it's just a little too high for you especially the chorus. Maybe capo and use the A shape for the I chord 1 or a 1/2 step lower.

feldkeen

Tele-Meister
Do a D shape chord at 14-12-7-2. Nails the intro. Then work out the timing. Bottom 3 strings only.
14dd 12duud 7ddud 2d

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
3 chords, 2 hands and a voice that touches my soul.

Thank you.

I'll second @Si G X 's comment about your voice. I thought there was a vulnerability there that really added to the song, especially in the verses. I wish I could sing like that. Well done.
I’ll “third” it! A vulnerability but also a full, broad, warm voice sound. It seems like a voice that could put all kinds of songs across convincingly. Also, the sound of the acoustic guitar had an appealing ringy drone that I liked a lot. I agree with the suggestion to try a capo and the resulting different chord shapes, not as a critique of what you did here but because with such a wide-open song, and strong vocal character, it might be fun to explore different resonances and timbres you may discover in trying that.

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Very nice.
Hi HoodieMcFoodie,
You are so much appreciated.
Rene
Thank you so much Jimmy!!!
Rene
I played their '10 from six' album yesterday and was once again struck at what a superb band they were
Hi gimmeatele,
Truly a super talented band, and a true legend.
This song is a fav.
Thanks for your great comment.
Rene
I feel like makin' lunch...
Hi dogmeat,
Nice comment, and I am getting hungry now, hahahaha.
Thanks for the feedback!
Rene
3 chords, 2 hands and a voice that touches my soul.

Thank you.
Hi Si G X,
Truly a wonderful song, with simple chords!
I just love this tune, a true fav.
Thanks for the wonderful feedback!
Rene

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
I think it's just a little too high for you especially the chorus. Maybe capo and use the A shape for the I chord 1 or a 1/2 step lower.
HI Mjark,
I have to agree with you on this comment, I will try your suggestion on my next attempt on this song.
Thank you so much!!!
Respectfully,
Rene
Do a D shape chord at 14-12-7-2. Nails the intro. Then work out the timing. Bottom 3 strings only.
14dd 12duud 7ddud 2d
Hi feldkeen,
I will have to try that intro, and will learn and incorporate in my playing. And I did try it, and it works very well, I dig this!!!
Thank you for the tip, and the lesson.
Respectfully,
Rene
I’ll “third” it! A vulnerability but also a full, broad, warm voice sound. It seems like a voice that could put all kinds of songs across convincingly. Also, the sound of the acoustic guitar had an appealing ringy drone that I liked a lot. I agree with the suggestion to try a capo and the resulting different chord shapes, not as a critique of what you did here but because with such a wide-open song, and strong vocal character, it might be fun to explore different resonances and timbres you may discover in trying that.
Hi mexicanyella,
Lovely comments, and very nice recommendations.
You are so much appreciated!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

swarfrat

Tele-Meister
I tend to avoid E and to a lesser degree A shaped I chords on solo acoustic. Particularly in 3 chord songs, and is can sound kinda choppy. At least in A the 1 4 and 5 are all different shapes though

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
I tend to avoid E and to a lesser degree A shaped I chords on solo acoustic. Particularly in 3 chord songs, and is can sound kinda choppy. At least in A the 1 4 and 5 are all different shapes though
Hi swarfrat,
Thanks for your feedback.
I have never thought about this perspective, and it makes great sense for the acoustic guitar solo.
I will try to pay attention to your thought on these shapes.
Thank you so much!!!
Respectfully,
Rene