Fedex!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Orpingtons, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Orpingtons

Orpingtons Tele-Meister

I guess in this day and age big companies with a big name don't have to worry too much about customer service or even basic competence. It bothers me a lot, the bigger you are, the more resources you have and the better you should be able to serve your customers, but I guess Fedex doesn't see it that way.

I ordered some parts I needed 10 days ago, I needed the parts by this monday. I tracked my package (the order was sent Fedex) and noticed it was moving at a snail pace but it was ok, I thought, because I still had plenty of time.

So they scheduled deliver for Friday. Friday came and went and no delivery, I called and they said it was re-scheduled for Saturday. Nothing on Saturday either, so I called Fedex and they told me not to worry, that I could pick up the package myself on Monday, guaranteed, or wait for a home delivery that same day.

I just called and they said nope, that particular office is closed on Monday and Tuesday and I have to wait till wednesday to pick up my parts or wait for an "eventual" delivery.

There's no way in hell now that I will get my parts on time, no way. Thanks to Fedex, I'm now screwed. I guess the Chuck Nolan character in the Castaway movie was all based on some made up BS... Fedex is a scam, I will not make sure everything gets shipped USPS or UPS.

2. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Pissed me off last week also. Had a package coming and they couldn't get it to me in the time they quoted on the email so they passed it off to another delivery company. That company called and said they couldn't deliver until the following evening. Complaint filed. The package was medicine.

3. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, I used to love them but they pass off stuff to USPS all the time now. It costs you 1-3 days additional regularly.

4. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Holic

And what will you do when the other companies screw you over too? Because they absolutely positively will!

nvilletele and Wildcard_35 like this.
  5. Orpingtons

Orpingtons Tele-Meister

Sure, accepting crap from people is the way to go. No. You pay for a service and you have every right to expect on time delivery. Just taking it is why these companies think they can do whatever they want.

6. Telepirate86

Telepirate86 Tele-Meister

I feel your pain. I've had all the same problems with them..on more than one occasion.

7. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

They have never let us down whatsoever and they actually drive over our rocky piss a** 1/2 mile long logging skid road with their fancy MB 4WD even during the winter. Astounding.

1293 and TeleTucson like this.
  8. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

There just might be another variable here to consider....what rate was purchased? There are several ways to ship a package with every company and each rate comes with a differnt price and different expectation. When I hear somebody say that the package must be received before a certain date, but didn't pay for the service to insure that it would, I don't see the carrier to be at fault. In this day and age you can send an elephant overnight from across the country if you are willing to pay the rate for it, so there is no reason for anyone to be upset over a package not arriving when it was needed.

Having said all that, there is no reason for a package to travel that slowly unless it was the cut rate special shipping rate. I actually work as a carrier for USPS and see so many complaints that would never have happened if the shipper didn't cheap out. A perfect example happened just about a month ago when the city mailed a $500,000 check without tracking and without a request for a signature either. The company claimed that they never received the check, but without tracking or signature, there was no way to know if they did receive it or if it was mis-delivered. Had the city paid the added fees for signature tracking, there would have been no problem. The same thing happened with Subway as they send paychecks in a plain envelope without any tracking either. It was 3 days late reaching the post office yet we had no way to track it. Just baffles me how people can be so callous with such things.

My point being that sometimes the bad service is related to the sender as much as the delivery. It is pricey, but when you send something Priority Express with USPS for example, we act like we are delivering a transplant liver and race to deliver it. Everything just stops until that package reaches the destination. It just comes down to money, those that spend more get priority handling and the rest get delays.

When it comes to actual packages, I trust FedEx the most. If it is some odd sized item like car tires, I go with UPS. For all the smaller stuff (microwave oven size and below) go USPS.

Wildcard_35 and Nightclub Dwight like this.
  9. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

FedEx and FedEx Ground are two completely different experiences.
    FedEx ships by air, and usually delivers on time, as scheduled.
    FedEx Ground--not so much.
    And they don't work on Monday.
    Where I am, FedEx used to rule, but UPS has taken the lead.
    They deliver when they say they will, and they do not wreck your package.

10. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Haven’t had a single problem with FedEx in the last eight years.

I moved to England in 2011.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  11. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

My UPS shipped body was supposed to be here Friday, it will now be here today if I'm lucky. It's been sitting 9 miles from my house for 3 days. Even if these shippers have a 99% on time performance record, that's still millions of late/lost packages and angry customers.

12. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

They have been ok. (Fedex,UPS,USPS)

13. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

And what service level did you pay for? Is this expecting first or business class service for a coach or charter ticket? Are the data points there to show the shipper is not meeting obligations on a regular basis?

Sorry if I'm off base, but it being Monday with "Monday manager meetings" ahead I think of how I'm within hours of getting complaints and after RCA, it will be the usual findings - silly human behavior, simple avoidable mistakes, and personal responsibility issues.

14. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

Just drive and pick it up yourself. It will definitely be quicker and cheaper.

15. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

I was just telling my girlfriend a couple of days ago how crappy Fedex has become. Used to be the best back in the '80s and '90s, now it's slow and they have drivers (all "contractors" now) that lie about deliveries.

Last shipment we had they said no one was home even though we had the front door open and stayed in the front room all day long waiting for it. Ended up getting it two days later.

16. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Fed Ex is the best

17. h4ck.b0x7

h4ck.b0x7 Tele-Holic

FedEx is GREAT by me as well but, like you, I'm also in the Metro Detroit area. I don't understand the "don't work on Monday" business...they do by us. Most of the time my package is on-time or a day early. I haven't had a single package handed off to USPS in the 100's of packages delivered by FedEx. I can't remember a single package that was late either.

I've had the most problems with UPS. The main hub in Detroit is in a relatively ghetto part of town and I've had multiple packages stolen after arriving at the hub and before being put on a truck.

18. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Last year( February during a wet snowstorm ) I was waiting for delivery of a 12 string. Kept waiting, finally in the afternoon my e-mail showed that FedEx had delivered. Delivered where? I called and they could not help me, so I went up and down my road looking for a package that was delivered to one of my neighbors. They were both at work and my git was laying out in the elements in it's box on their front porch with their address clearly on the house. That was it for me....if you use FedEx for delivery, then I will not buy from your company. It has happened more than once and that's enough for me.

19. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

With the amount of items all parcel carriers move they do a great job. Ten days is an extremely long time to get something. How were they shipped by the seller. It sounds like slowest oxcart.

Milspec likes this.
  20. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

double post

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.