FedEx let me down....UPDATED

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by burntfrijoles, Jul 30, 2020.

1. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I was supposed to receive a new amplifier today. It didn’t arrive. It left Georgia last night but never arrived in Florida today. Further, FedEx tracking states no delivery update information is available.

arrived in good shape about 45 minutes ago.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

FedEx let you down? This my shocked face: :eek:

djh22, Milspec, Dismalhead and 3 others like this.
  3. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Afflicted

Here is MY shocked face: :eek:

Torren61 and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  4. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Have hope, I got just an item in a large box from UPS and there were no gouges or smashed in corners. Miracles can happen.

I definitely sympathize with your amp delivery though. Almost every time that has happened to me , with any service, the item got back on track and was delivered a few days late.

5. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

:eek:

Torren61 likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I hope it turns up!

8. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It happens. Not often. At least not around here. I used to wonder why some folks hate fedex and say they’re the worst, and others (like me) love them and never have an issue.

I have a friend who drive for fedex for over a decade. I never knew this before she told me, but fedex is just a name. Like McDonalds. They have very few employees for a company that size, and they don’t own any vehicles. Every fedex operation is a franchise. Somebody basically buys the rights to use the name, and agrees to follow their rules and policies. Then they buy their own planes or trucks or whatever, and hire their own drivers and such. So consistency can get a little sketchy. Wild.

Toto'sDad and Milspec like this.
  9. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I forgot to add “Sorry, I hope it gets to you undamaged.”

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  10. johmica

johmica Tele-Meister

I can empathize. I was supposed to get a guitar delivered by USPS three weeks ago today. It's still "in transit" with no update since the 16th.

11. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Holic

Shipping is flat out bonkers right now. I sent a birthday card to my sister in England a month ago and there's no sign of it. I sent a package to my dad in June and it took three times as long to arrive. My mom sent a gift to my daughter and it took three months to arrive. All of these items should have taken less than a week to reach their destinations. I am honestly not shipping anything else right now because of the COVID excuse they're all using to not deliver stuff on time. I hope you get your amp - I'm sure you will. But don't expect shipping companies to honor any kind of "normal" timeframes any more. It's a new world.

corliss1 and Jakedog like this.
  12. Jakedog

That’s so weird. I haven’t had any shipping take any extra time. And I’ve bought so much stuff online since March... loads of stuff. Pretty much everything I need for anything. Supplies for working on the house, yard stuff, clothes, gear, you name it. If it’s in stock it comes within 2-3 days tops. Even from across the country.

If it’s not in stock that’s a different story. I ordered a pickup from GC in early June. It was backordered and supposed to ship 6/25. Then it got pushed back to 7/15. Then 7/25. Then 8/25. I finally decided just to cancel the order. When I called to do that the guy said “yeah, says here it’s been moved back to 9/9.”

I found it in stock on reverb and ordered it yesterday. Tracking says it should be here tomorrow. We’ll see, but so far everything has been right on the money this whole time.

Knock on wood...

cravenmonket likes this.
  13. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Holic

Maybe that I'm shipping/receiving USA to UK and vice versa? It's just a s***show right now and I'm not giving the post office any more of my money.

Jakedog likes this.
  14. Jakedog

I can see international shipping being a bit of a mess. I’m sure the protocols and rules for dealing with business during “that which cannot be named” are different on either side of the pond.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm here in a suburb of Memphis (aka FedExLand) and my concern is more about being run over by a Fed Ex truck. They are swarming; seems like they are everywhere.

Sometimes I think this is their sweet spot, and perhaps lesser levels of quality are found the further you depart from here.

16. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Rockauto threw my spark plugs in a box with no packing material, I received them with no electrode gap and a broken insulator, not FedEx or ups, but I digress....

In their defense, they shipped a new set same day, I have moderate hope that they will arrive in usable condition, but I digress...

7.25" is my favorite fretboard radius.... :)

Lake Placid Blue and getbent like this.
  17. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I will add that they just left it at front door: no door bell, no knock.

$1300 amp sitting on porch in plain sight.

18. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Meister

Well, what did you get?

P.S. I have a new PRS Starla SE in transit with FedEx as we speak. Fingers crossed.

Just saw thew NAD thread

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  19. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

The fact the seller didn't require a $3 signature on a $1300 item is on the seller, not the shipper.

nojazzhere and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  20. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
    I just had an amp delivered by FedEx. It was ok. The problem was the shipper created a shipping label but it didn't show up in tracking until a full 2 weeks later when it showed as received by FedEx. Then it took a couple extra days more than expected for the delivery.

I believe the problem was with the shipper. He didn't ship when he said he did. But I did get the amp. Funny thing was it showed being shipped just days before I would have been able to get eBay involved. o_O Btw the communication with the shipper was just horrible and there was no power cord with the amp. Fortunately I have spares. OK rant over. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.