1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fedex Blues

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by THX1123, Apr 18, 2021.

1. THX1123

THX1123 Tele-Meister

Fedex in my area is bad. Really bad. I've had 2 things come via Fedex in the last 2 weeks. Well, one of them came, eventually. I won't buy anything that will ship via Fedex again.

After 2 days in "in transit" limbo and 4 days in actual transit the first package was "on the truck for delivery" for 4 days straight. Each day was a 'Delivery Exception," which means nothing. I saw the truck pass my house and stop at a neighbor's house on two of the days. The neighbor's house is too far down the hill to flag the guy down. Then the delivery date was changed to 4 more days in the future, making the total time from pickup from the shipper over 14 days on the expedited delivery I paid for. Then some rando with no uniform showed up in a beat up gold minivan and dumped my package by the road on a Sunday morning. The status was not updated for 24 hours. Had I not seen him deliver it the package would have sat in the rain and sleet out by the road.

I ordered a Boss looper pedal 9 days ago. The shipper chose Fedex. I did not get an option to choose the courier, but I paid for "expedited delivery." The delivery was set for the 14th. The pedal sat in NJ for 3 days. Well, actually it was "in transit" over the 15 miles between the shipper and the Fedex hub for 3 days. After 2 days of travel to go 300 miles it then made it within 10 miles of my house before inexplicably going east to Farmersville, NY. This is a very small rural town with about 1,000 people about 40 miles from me. There's no Fedex hub there. My package has been "in transit" for 4 days somewhere between here and Farmersville. Delivery date went from the 14th to the 15th to the 16th to "pending." There have been no updates to the tracking for 4 days.

If I knew it would take 2 weeks for delivery I wouldn't care. I feel this is just really bad logistics and a misrepresentation of service terms. I paid for 3 day service in both cases. As for the increased volume and other effects of what we are going through - they've had a year to adapt. This should be a time for expansion and greater profit, not a reason to suck.

<rant over>

2. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Seriously no fan of FedEx here, and DHL (if they even exist anymore) proved that rock bottom has a basement.

3. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

this week I had a go round with UPS they keep saying that the tried to deliver and every time no one tried to deliver, I was home all day the claimed that they had tried to deliver. liars big bs liar that couldn't even get their stories straight.

4. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

In my neighborhood, you can depend on UPS like you can depend on the sunrise. I guess every organization has its highs & lows.

gitold and Torren61 like this.
  5. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Same here.

6. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Maybe the TDPRI brain-hive here has a solution to my FedEx related problem - a dying friend used FedEx to send personal effects (his Martin D35) from the Netherlands to the Pacific NW in USA, leaving the ATA case on my porch.
    No signature.
    That's not the actual problem, though.

A week after it arrived, I got a bill marked Customs & Duty, even though it was not a purchase, not new and was just my friend's personal property.
    FedEx's own website acknowledges that Customs & Duty don't apply to Everything, but the specific list of what's exempt, or how to request exemption is absent.
    Any help protesting a Customs bill?
    Peace - Deeve

http://ftn.fedex.com/us/ship/forms.shtml

https://ask.fedex.com/help/en-gb/account-payments/did-not-expect-duty (this LOOKs like the right link, but no)

7. THX1123

THX1123 Tele-Meister

It does seem to be regional. UPS is reliable around here.

8. teleman14

teleman14 Tele-Meister

FedEx is the absolute worst. Like noted before, they’ve said that delivery was attempted, when I’ve been home all day. One of the attempted deliveries, I was sitting on the front porch, when I saw the truck go by. A few moments later, I get the text alert for attempted delivery.

They left an amp in the middle of the driveway, in the rain!!!

That’s just some highlights long list of serious complaints about them.

they’re an effing joke of a company. If I ever met the CEO, I’d likely spit right in their face

9. THX1123

THX1123 Tele-Meister

deleted

10. THX1123

THX1123 Tele-Meister

Is the bill from Fedex or from another entity?

I try to be honest and upright, but these corporations are simply not. They make false claims as a matter of course. It is likely their mistake, not yours they want you to pay for.

If it is from Fedex I'd just claim over and over that you never received the package. Put in a claim that is is missing/not received.

That's what they do to screw regular folks over. If I never get my pedal I have no remedy available.

11. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Fedex Express and Fedex Ground are different.
    Express drivers are employees, Ground are contractors.

UPS are employees and unionized.

Fedex used to rule around here. Now UPS blows them away, every time.

Milspec and nojazzhere like this.
  12. teleman14

teleman14 Tele-Meister

doesn’t matter to me if they’re employees or contractors. They drive vans with FedEx on the side, and wear FedEx uniforms, no matter what division they work.

When I’ve complained to customer service, they say they can’t do anything about the contractors. What a load of nonsense, I use third parties at work for a large portion of my business, and when they mess up, a quick email to my account rep, and it’s taken care of.

And when I’ve complained about the amp being left out in the rain, which was the employee, I was told that couldn’t verify that their drive left it there. WTF???
    Again, what a joke of a company.

nojazzhere likes this.
  13. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The item arrived, even though I'm stunned they just left a guitar case on a porch.
    They did NOT get a signature, though the billing statements say so.
    This, however frustrating, is not my beef.

The beef: Duty/Customs charge.
    It's personal effect, not a purchase, not a new item.
    And the sender wasn't assessed any Duty when he shipped his guitar to the Netherlands, so why is it assessed upon repatriation?

Peace - Deeve

14. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Your post reminded me of a doctor's appointment I had a few weeks ago. I arrived at the office, 15 minutes ahead of time (as they requested) and was told they had had to cancel and reschedule.....and tried repeatedly to contact me. OOPS!.....I explained I have a Caller ID machine AND an answering machine.... meaning, I KNOW if someone tries to call me or not. The young lady immediately shut up.....she knew she was busted. She forgot to call, and thought she could bluff her way out of it.

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  15. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

Not sure why I bother getting updates for any Fedex delivery to my place. It's "in transit", with an estimated delivery time in 3 or 4 days, then "delivered" a half hour after it's dropped off on my front porch. Nothing in between.

The really good service is Canada Post. They toss the package onto the porch from the bottom of the stairs. I saw this a few times.

16. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I might offer to try another doctor in that the volume of their work load is understandable and that my time is valuable as well as the doctor , so maybe I'd need to locate a doctor with time enough to see me as schedualed .
    No rage , anger, guilt, oh things aren't working in our arrangement I'll try someone else ,
    I sent a lot of time seeing doctor at one point, and used polite business speak to address , issue like sitting in a waiting room for 5 , yes literally 5 hours.

nojazzhere likes this.
  17. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

The last package I had overnighted, I had a thread here when the package was out for delivery all day and they never attempted to deliver it. I had them hold it at the facility. The next day, I went to get it and it took them an hour to find it. I would have tried to fight them about my overnight charge, but I was sick as hell with what wound up being the unmentionable. I just didn’t have any fight in me.

nojazzhere likes this.
  18. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

I'm lucky in that all three- UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS have good service here in the islands. But, that being said, Fed Ex is my least favorite of the 3, with UPS being the best, and USPS somewhere in-between.

19. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

I am currently waiting for six tuner knobs from Stew Mac. If I had known they were shipping FedEx, I would have spent more time looking for a different vendor, or at least used my work address. I used to hate UPS (Winnipeg), but here on Van Isle, UPS is the second best method. Canada Post is the best. My knobs took a week to get from Newark NJ to Mirabel PQ, and they’ve been sitting there (according to tracking) for nearly two weeks. The worst thing is, FedEx will attempt delivery three times before holding it for pickup, which is at an inconvenient office in the back of an industrial complex, with lousy hours. And when you go there, they don’t seem to know what to do with someone who came to them to get a parcel.

So no, I’m not a fan of FedEx.

That Cal Webway and nojazzhere like this.
  20. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Since you mention it, I AM planning to see a different doctor. (Cardiologist) After finally getting the two stress tests done, I went back for the "follow-up" with the doctor. I was again early, but was kept waiting for FIFTY-FIVE minutes past scheduled appointment time. When the doctor finally came in.....NO apology, NO explanation, NO excuse or reason. That's a total lack of patient respect in my book.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.