FedEx Blues...Pohoenicks AZ!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Texicaster

Texicaster Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

¡Bueno!™

I try not to be too entitled but have a guitar on the way in via 2nd day Fedex. Delivery Tuesday, then Wednesday, now of course Thursday... I have to stay home to sign for it so can't get away to deal with my customers and have to explain why I will be a day late now...

No big deal really BUT the fun starts when I called Fedex. Agent basically reads the tracking to you which you can see on your computer. This agent got me concerned when he said the package was being delivered Pohoenicks today! I'm like what, no I'm in Show Low AZ. He said it was delivered to Pohoenicks, AZ and processed to spell it out P-H-O-E-N-I-X.....:D Oh Phoenix! Or Feenicks to this guy.... It's at the hub for tomorrow delivery...maybe....

Classic Fedex who will use the excuse delayed due to inclement weather on a bright sunny day!

Esquire Jones likes this.
  2. Texicaster

BTW I LOVE the map on Fedex tracking page!

It shows a straight line from the shipper to delivery location! How does that help unless they're flying it directly to me!

3. Esquire Jones

Esquire Jones Tele-Meister

I made a purchase at the tube depot and the package is lost...6 weeks in transit and they stripped the tracking code.

Infuriating.

Thee day shipping guaranteed? Hahahahaha!

Texicaster likes this.
  4. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Ugh. Just - ugh.

Texicaster likes this.
  5. Texicaster

Just noticed.... Tracking in Chrome or Safari gives different delivery dates?

Firefox same as Chrome and the "accurate" one....Weird..

6. NoTeleBob

NoTeleBob Tele-Afflicted

Sounds like one of those browsers need the cache flushed and/or is failing to refresh. Some won't within the same day (once you've seen the page that day) unless forced.

FWIW, FEDEX is actually the best of the crowd. UPS and USPS are much worse.

7. Texicaster

Ya know...I hear just as many complaints about other carriers but for me FedEx fails to deliver on time about half the time.

Incredibly I use USPS 1st Class to ship daily. Well over 4000 packages in the past 6-7 years. Not one lost. I can count on one hand those delayed very long. I've never had to call in to get status. As I said FedEx half the time and UPS 1 out of 20 maybe.....But I know other with nightmares from USPS and UPS....

It's weird...

8. NoTeleBob

NoTeleBob Tele-Afflicted

I have a package shipped TO me in Glendale via USPS. Made it from drop off in Southern CA to the main Phoenix PO in 1 day. Then it bounced back and forth between the main Phoenix PO and the "Annex" for five days. Then they finally got it out to the local PO... and it still took another day to be delivered.

Every Priority package I shipped out of Glendale always had an extra day tacked on to the estimated delivery.

9. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Afflicted

With our recent 117 degree days, by the time your guitar rides around Pohoenicks in that truck for a few more days, you may end up with a roasted maple neck whether you ordered one or not!

I tend not to order much of anything this time of year because of the stupid heat...

10. Texicaster

Yep!

I have visions of it sitting on the tarmac all day. It shouldn't have been a problem except fedex decided to let it sit an entire day.......and company didn't red flag it somehow. It arrived in Pohoenicks yesterday afternoon......

It's been interesting and I hold the seller/company partly responsible. probably be fine but if not I'll share the rest of the story...

11. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

FedEx has proven unreliable for me. Just this past week I had a package that I tracked that said it was delivered and the signature was “On file.” Guess what? No package was delivered. It ended up showing up a week later. My guess is that the driver didn’t want to make deliveries on the scheduled delivery date but wanted the paperwork to show that they delivered it on time for his performance reasons. Not the first time that happened either.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.