FCG - Hello From Oklahoma

FloydCustom

TDPRI Member
Howdy and Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas! 🤠

I lived in Durant (or, as the locals call it, “Dooo-Rant!”) from 2010 to 2013…made a lot of lifelong friends there…

Looks like you got some cool projects started there!
You know the locals because the rest of us pronounce it “Duh-rant.” Hahaha!
Thank you! I’m hoping to share even more as they progress.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
You’re going to have to teach me the secret road that goes from Oklahoma to the islands!
I dunno if you want to go down that road—it takes an 18 year layover in Winnipeg! :eek:

(And for the record, “island in the Pacific” doesn’t mean ”tropical” even if Vancouver Island calls itself “the Hawaii of Canada.”)

Also, my OK time was split between Tulsa and Stillwater, with a bit of Tahlequah thrown in for fun, so I passed through Chelsea a time or two.

Archtops

Tele-Holic
Welcome aboard! My twin brother and I lived in Mounds and Tulsa in the 50’s. The thing I have fond memories of is catching Fireflies in the park. Best of luck on the builds!

Lost_N_Austin

Friend of Leo's
To: R Floyd

I have a Tele body that I started a couple years back and I need some additional work done.

I don't have a planer or access to one wide enough to pass my project through. Once I get two flat parallel surfaces, I can establish the depth for my neck and pickup "routes".

I live about 55 minutes South of you and would like to know if you and your Dad would be interested in trading some wood shop expertise for some Telecaster parts. I've got all kinds of new and used parts to work out a deal.

I'm attaching some pictures to give you a feel for what I'm offering. TelePickGuards.JPG TelecasterGuards.JPG TeleParts1.JPG TeleParts2.JPG

Let me know if you are interested in getting together and I will send you my contact info so we can work something out.

Lost_N_Austin

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Welcome man! And..... I call dibs on that workshop! :) Nice man, and nice work!