Favourite Music Biographies?

Spox

Tele-Meister
Have read and enjoyed quite a few of the books posted here and some others I would like to read, five which I didn't see mentioned which I really enjoyed are.

Requiem For The Timeless Vol 1 by Johnny Rogan. If you want to know about The Byrds this is the book. I pre ordered the follow up and haven't been able to find it in the house for about a year, it'll show up.

Morrissey and Marr, The Severed Alliance by Johnny Rogan. If you want to know about The Smiths this is the book.

The Big Midweek, Life Inside The Fall by Steve Hanley. I've read about five books about The Fall and this was my favourite. Steve Hanley played bass for the band from 1979-1988 and this autobiography may have been a form of therapy for him, it's funny and a very good read.

Bedsit Disco Queen by Tracey Thorn of Everything But The Girl. I bought this on a whim about five years ago, I wasn't really a fan of the band but it was an excellent read.

At Christmas my mum gave me a biography of Jimmy Page which I think was The Definite Biography by Chris Salewicz, I gave it back to her to read after I read it, it was interesting.

I recently re read Rat Girl by Kristin Hersh and have John French Through The Eyes Of Magic sitting out to re read.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
I’m reading the new Bill Friesell bio now. I’m enjoying it, but unfortunately, long stretches of it are “he played on this album, then he played on this album, then he played on this album.” Hopefully it will open up and be less like Wikipedia.

Buell

Tele-Meister
1653307447757.png

Life by Keef is really good. So is Duff's account of total depravity

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
+1 on Duff McKagen’s bio
Johnny Cash - “Cash”
“Livin’ in a Great Big Way” (Tommy Dorsey bio)
“Blues All Around Me” - B.B. King
“Slash: the Autobiography”

I want to read “Music is My Mistress” by Duke Ellington

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
Glad this thread is still going. Great reference. I’m reading The Sun & The Moon & The Rolling Stones right now, and I’m really enjoying it (never knew Brian Jones was such a ****). I also read Heavier Than Heaven, Cobain’s bio. Incredible sad and bleak.