1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Favourite Mooer pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Grateful Ape, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

Curious - what and why?

2. znanjeiimanje

znanjeiimanje Tele-Meister

I have only the e-lady and love it. I believe the price to quality ratio in this case fits the purpose + it doesn't take much real estate on my board.

Collin D Plonker likes this.
  3. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

For me, it’s either the Blues Crab or Blues Mood — it depends on how much gain I’m going for.

The Blues Crab is a clone of the long out-of-production Marshall Bluesbreaker v1 pedal while the Blues Mood is a clone of a Keeley modded Boss BD2. Nice mild to mid gain at a cheap price. What’s not to like?

I do enjoy my Rage Machine — it has a ludicrous amount of gain.

Honorable Mention to the Lofi Machine because you won’t find a cheaper Bit Crusher pedal. (now if I could just find a musical use for it)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  4. Audiowonderland

Audiowonderland Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I liked them well enough when they are $60 and below. At $100 I perceive them to be the same product that is now over priced and I buy the MXR and Boss options for the same $100.

I have a few of their Preamp pedals. They serve their purpose but don't see them in the same category as Boss etc...

northernguitar likes this.
  5. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Afflicted

Only have the Echoverb. I really wanted a tap tempo digital delay, and I got a b-stock deal on a mint one. It’s reverb sweep is a bit noisy but it seems to have a (quiet) sweet spot that sounds really good with a slap back in the delay. For the price and size commitment, it’s been fun to play with.

6. Grandy

Grandy Tele-Holic

I have the Black Secret, the Elec-lady and the Lo-fi Machine. I think most of the gain pedals are pretty good in their own way. Back when I prefered low gainers I thought about getting the Pure Boost. If I was looking for a simple chorus pedal, I'd get the Ensemble King. I have been thinking about buying the Trelicopter. I do have another tremolo and a couple of amps that have one so I'm still thinking....

Grateful Ape likes this.
  7. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I don't have any individual pedals, but I've got both the GE-200 and GE-300 modeling boards. The 200 lives in my studio, and I use the 300 for gigs.

Seriously underrated stuff IMO.

- D

8. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

I've always presumed that Mooer pedals (the original minis, at least... not their newer fancier designs) were pretty much the same as those from Donner and a dozen other rebranded chinese pedal lines... which are cheaper, so I buy those.

But they clearly used that as a way to launch their business and are now making some more advanced, original products. Good for them.

9. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

Tim S likes this.
  10. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

Donner all day! Deluxe Tuner>Boost Killer>Yellow Fall...all I need. Same pedals. More taste, less filling.

11. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

that boost killer is awesome. I've got a Spark on the way, and I really can't see how it can be any better

I agree Mosky and Donner tend to be better than Mooer

12. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

(I only buy Mooer when there isn’t a Donner equivalent — it happens)

Bluego1 likes this.
  13. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

Here’s another twin
    [​IMG]

14. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

I’ve owned four of them, and currently have two. The most used by far is the Radar. Great little piece of kit for what it is. The stock IRs can’t compare to the OwnHammer and ML Sound Labs files I’ve loaded, but once set up, it’s awesome.
    The other one on my board is a SkyVerb reverb pedal. It does a nice mild reverb effect, which is all I want, at present. However, for those who like freaky reverb fx, it becomes unnatural sounding. I felt the same about the ShimVerb, although it was even less versatile.
    The other Mooer, since sold was the Hustle Drive. I really wanted to like this OCD clone, but it just had terrible drive.
    As for Donner, I tried them once, and never will again. I ordered a Deluxe tuner from them, direct from China. The first one arrived and it just would not track the notes. I contacted Donner, and they just sent a second, making the first a door stopper. The second arrived and had a faulty display, but it also tracked poorly, albeit better than the first. Junk.

15. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I have the Yellow Comp, which ultimately replaced my CS-2, a feat I didn't think was possible.

Ignatius likes this.
  16. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

I have:

• Reecho (nice but noisy)
    • Black Secret (very, very good)
    • Orange phaser (hmmm... undecided)
    Thinking about another drive, maybe a bit less gainy. Undecided between Hustle, Blues Mood and Blue Crab. This is for use with a Blues Cube amp.

17. Jimclarke100

Jimclarke100 Tele-Afflicted

Or the two I have my preferences as a pedal is the Black Secret.

On the other hand the Green Mile actually gets used more while playing as it suits what I do better.

18. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

I’ve had a Hustle Drive and a Reecho on a few boards. I like them both.

I’ve also had an Echoverb, Pure Boost, and Soul Shiver. Not too bad.

19. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I have a Skyverb. Works well with my Pro Jr.

20. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

Can anyone describe the difference between the Blue Crab and Blue Mood, sonically?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.