Favourite fuzz?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Adelbatross, Jan 24, 2015.

1. cousinpaul

cousinpaul Friend of Leo's

I put a switch on my last Bosstone to bypass the clipping diodes. Worked great.

2. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Black Cat Pedals do the BeeBuzz, which is an updated Bee Baa.

3. Otis Funkmeyer

Otis Funkmeyer Tele-Holic

4. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

I like the simple "variations": The Dunlop mini red germanium fuzz and the EHX Muff with tone wicker. Between those two, I get everything I need. Dunlop mini red is always volume 100% and fuzz 100%!

I also had a WH Swollen Pickle. I gave it a fair shake, had it for months. I just couldn't dial in exactly what I wanted.

5. Swoop

Swoop Tele-Meister

MJM London Fuzz. Sounds thunderous, especially with a treble booster. My only gripe is the quality of the graphics on the enclosure. Basically a big sticker that looks like it was printed with an inkjet. Such a great sounding pedal deserves much nicer clothes!

6. bo

bo Poster Extraordinaire

Right now I'm pretty floored with the JHS Firefly. It's a 3 knob Tonebender you can daisychain (most Tonebenders need an isolated power supply) and it has a bias control that turns it into a very heavy (think "Sabbath on steroids") overdrive. Further, all the drained off power from reducing the bias goes to the output, so you can slam the front of the amp if you wish. Lotsa headroom. Nicely built.

7. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Creepy Fingers Infinity Fuzz - Ed Mundell Signature.
    So, so good.

8. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

The DenTone stuff is fantastic! I have the 1967, too, and I can go all night with that a guitar and an amp. Stick an MXR MicroAMp in front of it and you got a nuclear holocaust end-game button at your disposal. :lol:

The Satisfaction is also a current favorite of mine, especially used with the 1967. The French Toast, the Radio Havana, Peppermint , London, etc. etc;
    for classic fuzz there is enough at our fingertips to fill out a 1970's cat-house.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  9. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

Revisited my Danelectro French Toast again yesterday. Through the Traynor Bassmaster into my 4x12 with Greenbacks it sounded great. Hit the octave up switch and it's total chaos. Probably the best value in low budget fuzz out there, $29.00 shipped you can't miss. Order two and give one to a friend, makes a nice gift.

10. dog fart

dog fart Friend of Leo's

I couldn't stand it any more. I finally got tired of wanting the Band of Gypsies Fuzz or waiting for someone to come on here and tell me it sounded it just like a kazoo. So I went to Musicians Friend and ordered it. Short of Sno-Magedon striking between here and there I should be blasting my neighbors with Machine Gun by the middle of next week :D

Well they get Machine Gun-ned a couple of times a year, I hope to be a little closer to make myself happy.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  11. steam-powered

steam-powered Tele-Meister

That was my first of many Black Cat pedals that ended up on my board. The "boost" channel sounds incredible into the Black Cat OD-1 for some extra punch.

12. lareplus

lareplus Tele-Afflicted

Black Russian muff is my favorite so far. .

13. smokeygills

smokeygills Tele-Meister

Fender Fuzz Wah, great black keys "brothers" tone

Attached Files:

14. WilburBufferson

WilburBufferson Tele-Afflicted

This guy:

Attached Files:

15. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

That London fuzz box sound awesome where did u get it from

16. Maggot

Maggot Tele-Afflicted

For recording: Devi Ever Bit. It's gated, but not the kind of gate that keeps noise out. What it does do is read your mind if you're soloing, going from note to note with sustained gusto and crackly decay. It cleans up in a very odd but enticing way, as well. I haven't been able to get it to cut through really well live, though.

Live: ZVex Fuzzolo. Two knobs, volume and waveform. Your guitar's volume knob is your gain control. Plenty of mid to cut through. Waveform knob to the left and it sounds like a tonebender with way more gain, to the right it's gated and splatty but very useable.

I also have the new Electro-Harminix Deluxe Big Muff. The jury's still out on it. The fuzz sound is run-of-the-mill 21st century EH Muff. But the bass boost, attack knob and parametrically tweakable mids are incredibly useful, and it plays really well with overdriven amps and other effects.

17. dog fart

dog fart Friend of Leo's

Thanks for reminding me about the fuzzolo Maggot. There are so many different fuzz pedals out there now, but that one keeps popping up on my radar. I think my wife is loosing patience with my Fuzz addiction. They all sound the same to her, I try to explain the difference, but you can tell it goes in one ear and out the other.

18. squatch

squatch Tele-Meister

NFD Klinger Tonebender MkII
    I dig it, it's nice to have a fuzz with a bit more character
    I love my HBE UFO & TightFuzz, but I'm really bonding with the Klinger
    I can see why guys love the Tonebenders heh

[​IMG]

19. CNBaker

CNBaker TDPRI Member

I'm torn between the Sola Sound Tonebender MkII Pro and ZVex Woolly Mammoth. I like both for entirely different reasons. The Tonebender is Yardbirds Jeff Beck all day, but isn't as easily sculpted as the ZVex. The ZVex will give you the most Germanium sound you will ever hear from a Silicon transistor.

20. cjrincon03

cjrincon03 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

My least favorite fuzz ? The kind from crappy cable and loose input jack!

Ha!

I would like a fuzz pedal. However , right now a MXR distortion+ with a 1/2 dead battery is doing the trick!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.