favorite weird craigslist ad

naneek

Tele-Holic
What was the weirdest or funniest ad you ever saw on craigslist?
Whether it was a ridiculous scam or just a very strange item for sale, post your favorite craigslist ad. Screencap optional, weird craigslist transaction stories also count.

This is the weirdest thing I ever saw on craigslist:

The ad was for a 90's mustang 5.0, but when I clicked on it,
they were actually selling a chiwowow dog for $50,
or trade for an order of chinese dim-sum.

fleabag.JPG

I like the bizarre detail that the dog doesn't bark, but rather "whistles loud"

Last edited:

naneek

Tele-Holic
the ad is ten years old, who knows what happened
I'd like to think that this ad found its target audience.

A craigslist shopper in the market for a 90's mustang 5.0 saw the ad and realized that a small dog was way better than a muscle car.
Then they went out and bought some siu mai for much less than the $50 asking price, went to the hundred blocks of east oakland, and got themselves a great deal on a pet with a funny name that whistles loud and does backflips.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
What was the weirdest or funniest ad you ever saw on craigslist?
Whether it was a ridiculous scam or just a very strange item for sale, post your favorite craigslist ad. Screencap optional, weird craigslist transaction stories also count.

This is the weirdest thing I ever saw on craigslist:

The ad was for a 90's mustang 5.0, but when I clicked on it,
they were actually selling a chiwowow dog for $50,
or trade for an order of chinese dim-sum.

View attachment 987639
I like the bizarre detail that the dog doesn't bark, but rather "whistles loud"
The first discussion forum I ever actually belonged to was called YouSuckAtCraigslist. It was almost surrealistic in its hilarity. People would send in absurd examples of actual CraigsList posts, and then people would then comment on those. The ads might be like the one posted here, or have weird wording, spelling, subjects, etc. Eventually, the folks who started YSACL couldn't continue, and no one picked up the ball. It still exists on the interwebnet, although no longer active. If you click the link, you might see some of my old comments.....I'm nojazzhere on there as well. I miss that old site. :(

naneek

Tele-Holic
The first discussion forum I ever actually belonged to was called YouSuckAtCraigslist. It was almost surrealistic in its hilarity. People would send in absurd examples of actual CraigsList posts, and then people would then comment on those. The ads might be like the one posted here, or have weird wording, spelling, subjects, etc. Eventually, the folks who started YSACL couldn't continue, and no one picked up the ball. It still exists on the interwebnet, although no longer active. If you click the link, you might see some of my old comments.....I'm nojazzhere on there as well. I miss that old site. :(
that website is great! I'm definitely going to have fun browsing through that archive.

Let's consider this the official "You suck at craigslist" thread on tdpri.
I'll continue posting anything odd that I find.

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
Here's one. I only read it (in the musicians section) because I wish I was 33 again. Older. LOL.

At the very end....

My guess is they are looking to follow the filters somehow and cribbed a bunch of ads together.

Screenshot_20220530-084944_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220530-084952_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220530-085001_Chrome.jpg