Favorite Teles, let's see 'em

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Memphisbound, Mar 25, 2020.

1. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Meister

Bruxist, Dukex, Fendereedo and 9 others like this.
  2. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

Have I shown you a pic of my favourite granddaughter? Just in case she breaks forum rules about cheesecake you'll just have to imagine the loveliest 21 month old lady...

But meanwhile, favourite Teles.

I've just watched the Fender factory visit video from Andertons and I'm still gassing enormously for a MIA Tele. Maybe a 70th Anniversary Broadcaster?? But out of all the expensive MIA stuff I've dreamed about, looked at, drooled over, tried in shops and even owned over 50 years of Fender fandom I've never had any that are as good tools as these two.

This is just a 2017 MiM standard bought really cheap as damaged shop stock and put back together with a replaced bridge, McNelly pickups and James' Home of Tone control circuit, set up for slide.

20181115_092742.jpg

And here's my other favourite. Not even a real Fender it was made 2005 by ESP for the Japanese home market and Esquired by me. McNelly pickup again and Home of Tone Eldred mod control circuit. It's a bit heavy, but like my MiM just seems to hit all my buttons for playability, feel and tremendous sound.

20200315_124358.jpg

I love these entirely aimless picture threads. I mean they're just Teles aren't they?? Aren't they??? There's thousands of 'em coming out of Corona everyday. So how is every last one different???

When I can, I'll still be looking for that MIA Tele and looking forward to posting another NGD. But these two are doing me nicely.

Thanks for starting this thread Memphisbound!

Bruxist, Dukex, Fendereedo and 10 others like this.
  3. SparkleFart

SparkleFart TDPRI Member

My red MIM w/ B16, American Elite, Brit Daniels, & MIM w/ B5.

four.jpg

Bruxist, Dukex, Fendereedo and 7 others like this.
  4. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Holic

My 2016 partscaster with 2013 American Standard neck, with upgraded Fender classic gear tuners, '52 CS pickups, and reversed control plate. Body maker unknown...
    Tele7.JPG
    My 2018 MIM BSB ash Tele, with upgraded Fender classic gear tuners, Wilkinson compensated saddle bridge, and Duncan Alnico II Pro bridge pickup. It came stock with reversed control plate. Beautiful, but quite heavy!
    BSB 1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Skub, Dukex, Fendereedo and 8 others like this.
  5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I wonder how many they produce at that Corona plant... I have a feeling they wouldn't answer that question. Just like Anderton wanting to see the relic station. The Fender exec nearly got physical, herding him away. And the camera, too. No, NO, NOOO.

I was initially surprised that the relic process was so secret, I guess because I don't care for it. But I guess it's a) a popular Custom Shop upgrade, and b) one of the few things they can keep to themselves after the model being so thoroughly dissected and copied over the years. Plus, I imagine it's difficult to do right.

And yes, these pointless pic-heavy threads are fun. I remember that last family photo one a couple months back, I decided to take all new shots, and it took hours to get 'em all out, get the lighting anywhere near decent... Lots of work, but enjoyable.

6. johnniegoat

johnniegoat Tele-Meister

my favorites are

homebuilt deluxe - play this all the time

IMG_20200326_080535667.jpg

and my first tele - CIJ Paisley. rarely play, but its a sentimental thing

WP_20161230_14_29_17_Pro.jpg

7. WingedWords

I'm getting old and repeating myself. I've posted this lots of times and I don't care. It's to say thanks to Tom Wheeler. In his The Guitar Book 1974 he included this picture.

20171108_112119.jpg

It's just captioned "The Telecaster".

I was a total acoustic purist at the time, but something about that Tele grabbed me and has never let go. When Tom died, I finished my first partscaster as a small tribute to him.

20181206_122859.jpg

navier, teletimetx, mimmo and 13 others like this.
  8. ieatlions

ieatlions Tele-Meister

DC05E723-0403-4B9E-848A-CAC10743B30A.jpeg My ‘Telecaster’

DA7FFBF8-4841-465F-BD90-9035F6B9E254.jpeg

FrontPU, Dukex, Fendereedo and 7 others like this.
  9. dimenjj

dimenjj Tele-Meister

This Fender Custom Shop Artisan Thinline w/ Koa top has become one of my favorite Tele's. Sounds good unplugged too.

R103443-angle-xlarge.jpg

teletimetx, FrontPU, Skub and 18 others like this.
  10. xland

xland Tele-Meister

My #1 on the left, 2018 Player Tele HH w/SD Saturday Night Special pickups and on the right, my 2010 Blacktop Tele w/SD '59 in the neck and 59/Custom Hybrid in the bridge.

20190105_125711.jpg

11. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Meister

675A09AB-4425-478B-974D-9A9BF4FF0D3C.jpeg F2D1B1EB-FA67-4F46-B6FF-E21D84E1F74E.jpeg I’ve owned a couple. This is the only “tele” I have currently. So comfortable!

12. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

IMG_3143.JPG IMG_6605.JPG

My 2005 Nashville Deluxe (now has a 920D 7way and a new strap) and a Cozart Thinline 12.

13. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

It's a Fender MIJ Hybrid ‘60s Telecaster in Sonic Blue. Completely stock save for the Fender Compensated Brass Saddles (which is the one mod I seem to do on every Tele).

I have the full specs listed in my NGD thread here - https://www.tdpri.com/threads/ngd-fender-japan-hybrid-60s-telecaster.976380/

It's truly a fantastic instrument and I think Fender Japan did a great job of implementing the right modern appointments while retaining classic looks.

moosie likes this.
  14. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

So many beautiful Telecasters in this thread! Mine's just a lowly Mexican 50s Road Worn, but she's played and sounded great from the git go. With an added treble bleed and compensated saddles, she's all I've needed in a Tele.

RoadWorn1.jpg

15. LoveHz

LoveHz Tele-Holic

This one plays beautifully. Sounds good too. I put that down to the bridge pickup -- it's got string!

20191007_210326.jpg

16. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

this pic sent to me by a customer, who is a details fellow:

[​IMG]

out of my own collection, this one:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. diego_nu

diego_nu TDPRI Member

I love them all!!

Fender Telecaster Deluxe 74

[​IMG]

Fender Telecaster TL 69-98 All Rosewood

[​IMG]

Fender Telecaster Custom 62 CIJ

[​IMG]

Telecaster Custom 62 DIY

[​IMG]

18. Gretev1

Gretev1 TDPRI Member

My favorite Tele is the one in my avatar. It‘s a 2014 custom order from the Fender Custom Shop. It has a beautifully figured ash body with „Tele Custom“ white bod binding on the front and back. The finish is white blonde. All gold hardware and 52 style Tele dome knobs. A big fat highly birdseye figured Nocaster neck with an amber tint to match beautifully with the gold hardware and offset the white translucent finish. 9.5 radius and 6105 frets. The pickups are Twisted Tele. Looks awesome, sounds awesome, feels awesome!

Attached Files:

19. Mike M

Mike M TDPRI Member

New Butterscotch Blonde Professional and Acoustasonic Cousin

IMG_3395.jpg

20. WingedWords

Lovely pics. Thanks.

I've got half a mind to chase one of these
    https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/prod...tion-american-original-50s-tele-mary-kaye-whi

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Gretev1 and Fendereedo like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.