1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Favorite Pedals to pair with a Tweed Champ

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RYAN1987M, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Tbeers

Tbeers TDPRI Member

Every thing gets too honky on Input 1 for my tastes so pedals go into input 2.

I stack a BYOC Green Pony into a EH Turnip greens. Amp set to 6-7; GP Fat, LED, Drive at 1 O'clock; TG drive at about 10 or 11 O'clock. I used the green pony to boost the turnip greens. I roll the tone off my tele bridge and get some pretty snarly tones with out going deaf. If I just use one pedal I use the turnip greens because of the reverb and it is less honky than the Green Pony.

J Rockett Monkey Man is fun if you want to sound completely cranked but it does not have much head room if you want to use it for the reverb. I usually just crank the gain and it makes it chug; at moderate gain settings it sounds a lot like the 5f1 on 12 with controllable volume. This also has a usable reverb and is nice if you just want to add a gain channel to a clean amp. The Monkey Man is very fuzzy but I think it sounds good into the Tweed.

El Tele Lobo and RYAN1987M like this.
  2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

I go into input 2 on my Champ too!

RYAN1987M likes this.
  3. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

OP here...and me 3!

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  4. High Head Brad

High Head Brad Tele-Meister

Bad Bob sounds great into a Tweed Princeton so i would expect similar results with a Champ

RYAN1987M likes this.
  5. blues

blues Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I use the 2nd input too. :cool:

El Tele Lobo and RYAN1987M like this.
  6. PastorJay

PastorJay Friend of Leo's

I've also used my T Rex SoulMate in front of it. Has a TS Style OD plus a Rat style Distortion, a delay, reverb, and clean boost, all in one box. Lots of options.

The other thing I use if called for is an Auto Wah. I have the Boss AW-3, but think a Mutron, Trutron or Micro-tron is the real deal for an envelope follower. I'm looking seriously at the Micro-Tron IV, though I realize I don't use one enough to justify it.

RYAN1987M likes this.
  7. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

All this time I thought there was something wrong with me...that I was some kind of weirdo. But I'm not alone!

Ok, there are a lot of things wrong with me...and I'm probably a weirdo...but I'm still not alone!

RYAN1987M likes this.
  8. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

After reading this thread I started messing around with a few OD pedals into my Muchxs Morpheus which has a Champ setting on it. Of course it sounds best when I crank it up but I usually have to keep the volume at about 3 in order to keep my marriage intact. I found the Joyo American Sound, Timmy, Gain Changer, Wampler Black 65 and a Catalinbread SFT all sound great for low volume playing. I also plugged into input 2.

RYAN1987M and El Tele Lobo like this.
  9. Wildeman

Wildeman Tele-Meister

Hmmmmmm, Chorus?:eek:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.