Telefied
Gold Supporter
James Gang in Zachariah
Standells in the Munsters
Diary of a mad housewife - Alice Cooper
Delaney and Bonnie - Vanishing point

Dennyf

Tele-Afflicted
Buddy Guy in "in the electric mist" which is a pretty good screen adaptation of "in the electric mist with Confederate dead" by James Lee Burke. Tommy Lee Jones makes a great Dave Robicheaux. Guy plays a minor supporting role, but it's more than just a cameo.

catdaddy

Tele-Afflicted
I know Harpo was a musician did any of the other Marx’s play instruments?

I can’t remember which film but there’s a scene where Groucho is playing a nice arch top gibson in a boat on a pond and he stops play and he throws it into the water ( although it turns into a cheaper guitar for the throwing)
I could never tell if it was actually him playing or not

I guess most those guys who started in vaudeville could play or sing

Groucho was an avid guitarist, although from what I've read he wasn't as talented a musician as his brothers Chico and Harpo. As for Groucho's guitar scene from Horse Feathers, it appears he's actually playing the song (at least the chord shapes and his fingerpicking in the film are accurate for performing the song). I wonder if that nice (Gibson?) archtop he's playing was one of his own guitars- glad it's obviously not the one that gets thrown into the water!

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
High School Confidential--one of my all time favorite movies.

What a cast.
Drew Barrymore's father. A young Michael Landon, Russ Tamblyn, Jackie Coogan (uncle Fester) playing the the drug kingpin, Charlie Chaplin's son, and of course Mamie Van Doren and her two enormous talents.
The opening scene with Jerry Lee Lewis playing in the pickup truck is priceless.
the GIrl can't Help It- the other one I'd posted, boasts a cast including Little Richard, Fats Domino, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, The Platters, and The Treniers

fendertx

Poster Extraordinaire
John Doe has been in a tone of movies, Great Balls of Fire comes to mind right away.
Billy Idol in the Wedding singer
Lenny Kravitz in The Hunger Games

Hey_you

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Another Richard Starkey (?) film. (Ringo) Probably better knowin the UK. Lots of bigtime stars.
Candy.jpg
ringo ewa.jpg

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
I watched the movie scrooged earlier and got me thinking about musicians or singers appearing in movies
So what’s some of your guys favorite movies where a musician either stars or makes a cameo
Or just movies with musicians you have seen
including movies with music as a part of the plot and without anything to do with music

Scrooged - David johansen (New York dolls) as cabby and ghost of Christmas present

Rockula- Bo Diddly- blues guitarist in bar and in rockulas band

Cole miners daughter- Levon Helm - as Ted Webb Loretta Lynn’s father

Crossroads- Steve vai - satan in guitar duel

And of course

Blues Brothers- Steve cropper-himself
Donald “duck” Dunn- himself
Matt “guitar” Murphy- himself
Ray Charles- owner of rays music store
John Lee hooker - blues artist in street
Aretha Franklin- Matt’s wife
Cab Calloway-Mc/brothers mentor

Spinal Tap