Favorite Live Country Albums?

bowman

Friend of Leo's
Agree with the Poco post - I saw them live about 1972 or so, and they could bring it. Serious chops in that band.
My choice is Tony Joe White, live in Austin - it’s really the Austin City Limits show, before it was called that. I’m not sure if Tony Joe is country or not, but there’s definitely some country feel in his swamp music. He is a fabulous singer and Strat player.

teleforumnoob

Friend of Leo's
Yea the Circle Album was hugely influential for me.
Some other favs
9D78108F-9F98-4471-BF9E-5FF7E0B277A3_4_5005_c.jpeg
1A97DD2E-B0FB-4FDF-A677-A6FCC57D8173_4_5005_c.jpeg

TeleT97

TDPRI Member
As a R&R guy who also loves many types of old Country music, IMO Country-Rock ( an honest mix of these two) doesn't get better than Poco.

And the LIVE Poco Deliverin' shows just how good EVERYONE in this band was- the 'band sound' ( so tight!), the vocals ( Richie Furay, lead on most songs, but stellar harmonies),
and the picking from Rusty Young ( Steel/dobro) and Jim Messina is some of the best guitar you'll ever hear!

No hype, it's the truth, POCO!
( listen to entire medley below- it is life changing!)

Wow I must have missed the memo on Poco... this is exactly the sound I've been chasing. I think this is the next listen!

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Wow I must have missed the memo on Poco... this is exactly the sound I've been chasing. I think this is the next listen!
Poco is a group with an ever changing lineup from 1969 until really not that long ago- with steel guitar player Rusty Young as the constant, until he passed a few years ago.

But IMO, you can't go wrong with anything the band did from 1969 till 1978/9.

Always fantastic vocal harmonies, great pickin,' and a lot of beautiful, romantic or cinematic Countty rock tunes.
The energy of those early years is awesome!

- there are cool cheap '2 albums on 1 CD!' POCO recordings on Amazon
( I still listen to CD's!)