Favorite Live Country Albums?

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
1649932392099.png

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Sorta live

This album is a fantastic entree into bluegrass and the original Country music.
( especially for a R&R guy like me!)

So rich with great singing, picking, arrangements-
Doc Watson, Merle Travis, Randy Scruggs- wow!

* I will spend the rest of my life trying to learn how to play ( the timing!) or Earl Scruggs ( on guitar) " You Are My Flower" correctly!
- an amazing 'live in studio' recording

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
As a R&R guy who also loves many types of old Country music, IMO Country-Rock ( an honest mix of these two) doesn't get better than Poco.

And the LIVE Poco Deliverin' shows just how good EVERYONE in this band was- the 'band sound' ( so tight!), the vocals ( Richie Furay, lead on most songs, but stellar harmonies),
and the picking from Rusty Young ( Steel/dobro) and Jim Messina is some of the best guitar you'll ever hear!

No hype, it's the truth, POCO!
( listen to entire medley below- it is life changing!)

Last edited:

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
As a R&R guy who also loves many types of old Country music, IMO Country-Rock ( an honest mix of these two) doesn't get better than Poco.

And the LIVE Poco Deliverin' shows just how good EVERYONE in this band was- the 'band sound' ( so tight!), the vocals ( Richie Furay, lead on most songs, but stellar harmonies),
and the picking from Rusty Young ( Steel/dobro) and Jim Messina is some of the best guitar you'll ever hear!

No hype, it's the truth, POCO!
( listen to entire medley below- it is life changing!)

+1-Well said. While Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, The Burritos, The Dead, etc. all played their part in bringing Country and Bluegrass to a new generation this is the album that got me to see Country in an entirely new light. I also think it's probably one of the best live recordings I know of, period. You can almost reach out and touch the energy.