Favorite Leslie Sim Pedal?

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by LesPaulGuy, Oct 22, 2019.

1. LesPaulGuy

LesPaulGuy TDPRI Member

I love my big, heavy, noisy Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere! However, I get the look of dread when attempting to use it at church. They hear the hiss & hum and immediately look around to see where it is coming from. I raise my hand in shame and confess.

I love the classic Harrison/Clapton slow grind of this pedal but really should look for a modern option. What are your favorites?

2. mRtINY

mRtINY Tele-Afflicted

More of a Vibe guy myself.... I like the Unicorn form JHS and the Orbital modulator from Source Audio. For a more "accurate" rotary speaker sim, I don't know.

Maybe it's time to find another sound that fills the same sonic role....

LesPaulGuy likes this.
  3. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

me too, not quite rotary. I bought my first vibe pedal just a couple years ago, a used BBE Soul Vibe. I run my Phase 90 and Soul vibe both before my dirt and it works well enough for me.

I have a rotary setting on my Vox Tonelab but I don't really use it.

LesPaulGuy likes this.
  4. Lineville65

Lineville65 TDPRI Member

I bought a Danelectro Big Spender. I really like it’s feature of having a switch to engage the effect, and a second switch to ramp the “spinning” effect up and down.

LesPaulGuy likes this.
  5. PastorJay

PastorJay Tele-Afflicted

I love the rotary sound, but have never thought I'd use it enough to justify a pedal just for that purpose.

I recently picked up an MXR univibe. It can do either vibe (modulation in pitch) or univibe (almost sounds like a phase shifter?) sounds. Combine either of those with trem at the end of your signal chain and you've got lots of swirly goodness. But it's not a Leslie effect.

6. eedwards

eedwards Tele-Meister

I have been using a Strymon Lex for a couple of years and really like it. Best feature to me is the left button that switches between fast and slow, but if you hold it down, the rotor speed stops, then winds up when you let off. I like its native overdrive sound, even without the rotary sound. I've never used a real Leslie, so I can't say how it compares.

LesPaulGuy and PastorJay like this.
  7. LesPaulGuy

LesPaulGuy TDPRI Member

Many folks seem to like the Strymon, so I need to give one a try. A majority of players seem to favor the Neo Vent or Neo Vent II, but they are quite pricey. Last weekend during worship I stomped on the old H & K for a few riffs and no one mentioned the noise. I just need to make sure it is not on when the band has stopped!

mRtINY likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.