Favorite Hunter S Thompson Quotes

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fendrguitplayr, Jul 21, 2021.

1. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

Geez, how’d I miss this yesterday?

I started reading the good doctor’s work in tenth grade, thanks to a hip English teacher. Then I went and lived at full throttle for about 40 years:eek:

It figures this bunch of crazies here would be fans. Cheers.

Big_Bend likes this.
  2. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

This one's stayed with me for a long time. From Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail 72 (from his Rolling Stone election/campaign articles). It contains what I think could be a metaphor of modern-western living that was at the core of much of HST's commentary and explains much of HST himself and many of his/our generation. I think it was also his explanation to Jann Wenner @RS as to why he always filed his stories seconds before deadline. (I used it regularly as the only explanation I could come up with to give teachers/professors for why my papers were always late.:))

“People who claim to know jackrabbits will tell you they are primarily motivated by Fear, Stupidity, and Craziness. But I have spent enough time in jack rabbit country to know that most of them lead pretty dull lives; they are bored with their daily routines: eat, f***, sleep, hop around a bush now and then....No wonder some of them drift over the line into cheap thrills once in a while; there has to be a powerful adrenalin rush in crouching by the side of a road, waiting for the next set of headlights to come along, then streaking out of the bushes with split-second timing and making it across to the other side just inches in front of the speeding front wheels”

mycroftxxx likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.