***Favorite high efficient BF Speakers***

Neptical

TDPRI Member
What's yours?
I'm looking for high efficient speakers for my Fender SS 65 watt 1x12 combos. Looking at Texas Heat and Swamp Thangs. I pick these since I want the amp to shine for it's true colors. I also use them for clean pedal platforms. Love the fat, chimey, twang!

What's your thoughts TDRPI?

Last edited:

Neptical

TDPRI Member
IF that is a 2x10 Perhaps a mix of Rajin Cajun and Ramrod or G10

1x12s but I would still love to try the Rajin Cajun at some point. Everyone seemed to rave on those for awhile there.

InstantCoffeeBlue

Tele-Holic
Weber 12F150. I put one in a Silverface Deluxe Reverb and it honestly made the amp louder than the BF Super Reverb with original CTS speakers I had at the time. If you want efficient while still keeping it in the BF ballpark, the Weber 150s are tough to beat.

Eminence Legend 1258 is another favorite. Very sparkly and twangy, to me these are a perfect fastball down the middle, reference "American-voiced" speaker.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Between the 2 listed by the OP, the Texas Heat wins easily in my view. I have used that speaker in several Fender amps and it is a good match. There are others, of course, that fit the bill, but a million suggestions will not help you decide.

I still love a vintage Altec 417 in just about everything....as long as you do not have to carry the amp very much.

Shango66

Friend of Leo's
I now have a few high powered 12” s. In 1x12 cabs
all 100w or above in power.
jensen c12k.
jensen Neo 12.
celestion red back
eminence red white n blues.

all Good flavours imo.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
When I owned my '68 Deluxe Reverb ( I liked it loud and clean*), i had and Eminence Red, White, and Blues ( 120 watter)

- my old blonde Blues Junior ( now my 'big gig' amp) has an Emi Lil' Texas ( 120 watt/neo magnet) speaker in it- also loud and clean

- my Fender Frontman 25R ( now my main gig amp- I need to have really light gear now)
has a 75W Eminence Legend 1058, 10" in it.
I like the value, volume and clarity of these Emi speakers

* I just prefer working with amps Clean sound ( so loud actually amp volume is not a necessity) and finding a good OD and distortion pedals to use with amp. Just a better way for me to keep volume under control, but with both clean and dirty tones I like...

Last edited:

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
What's yours?
I'm looking for high efficient speakers for my Fender SS 65 watt 1x12 combos. Looking at Texas Heat and Swamp Thangs. I pick these since I want the amp to shine for it's true colors. I also use them for clean pedal platforms. Love the fat, chimey, twang!

What's your thoughts TDRPI?
Weber 12F150 50 watt, Emi Red White and Blues, Weber Silver Bell . I found the Texas Heat to have a harsh overtone at note fade.
The GA SC 64 I love but not a big watt speaker, and not as clean.

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
Efficient=EVMs, Gauss, JBL-Ds
I had a couple of Supers and Princeton’s I put old greebacks in by cutting and covering new baffle/grills. I put the originals back in when I sold them. I loved them.