1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Favorite hard case?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Qstick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. stefanhotrod

stefanhotrod Tele-Holic

Uh, and I like the Nashguitar case (available in europe). But since that‘s a fareast product I‘m unsure if those are nitro safe...

4CE3DE8B-936F-4B0D-A393-BCA1F4223003.jpeg

Fendereedo, BRhat, COYS and 1 other person like this.
  2. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

Rectangular tweed covered, for looks.

SKB small type, for travel/packing convenience.

Hiscox for build quality and serious transit.

Thomann gig bag, for the bus. :D

SuprHtr likes this.
  3. Telecaster88

Telecaster88 Tele-Holic

When you say "wonderful smell," do you mean that vanilla scent many cases have?

stefanhotrod likes this.
  4. stefanhotrod

stefanhotrod Tele-Holic

Yes

Telecaster88 likes this.
  5. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

My favourite hard case:

ME.jpg

Fendereedo and COYS like this.
  6. tamer_of_banthas

tamer_of_banthas Tele-Holic

i'd have to say my favorite hard case is Randall Flagg, aka The Walkin Dude

Ronzo, gimmeatele and SuprHtr like this.
  7. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Afflicted

If your not married to the idea of a classic tweed covered wood case, I prefer the Gator TSA. Light, well balanced, comfortable handle, and the latches are very easy on the fingers. The plastic is polyethylene so it won't self-destruct in 15 years like ABS. It also doesn't grab your pant leg when your carry it (minor pet peeve) oh, and the neck is supported for it's entire length by a cylindrical molding. The guitar does not move around in the case at all.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...hes-for-strat-and-tele-style-electric-guitars

Fendereedo and gimmeatele like this.
  8. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

+1 for the 1SKB-FS6 case! :)

9. SonicMustang

SonicMustang Tele-Meister

Roadrunner. I’ve seen one fly into traffic at 70mph and still protect the acoustic inside it.

10. Pickingthru

Pickingthru Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

View attachment 711444
    I finally selected this case with a light. Why the light? Don't know.

NewLedCase1_750X1334.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    Fendereedo likes this.
  11. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Tele-Afflicted

I have one of those and I like it a lot. Small problem is that I broke the handle ball hinge so I drilled it and put a screw thru either side. A year later the plastic cracked in the same area (the mount) so I used Gorilla epoxy on it. Looks like SKB sells that part for replacement but was out of stock. This was just before Corona so I've not used the case much beyond storage.

Anyway, I really like the case but expect I'll have an ongoing problem with the handle, likely because it's angled, not a straight 90 degree.

12. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I've got a Musician's Friend rectangular tweed knock-off that I like but don't trust for anything serious. When I bought one of my better guitars I got a rectangular SKB that is great so far. I was so impressed with it, I got another one for my stepdaughter's bass, as her crappy old case was held together with duct tape. It's not a light case, though.
    skb-1skb-62-jaguarjazzmaster-type-hardshell-case-2.jpg

Fendereedo likes this.
  13. Andy B

Andy B Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You can’t go wrong with an SKB case. Especially if you can find one without the TSA latches.

14. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Afflicted

I have various cases, but generally will use my gator cases outside house, most of other cases came with guitars and some leave a lot to be desired

Fendereedo likes this.
  15. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Afflicted

ha I sure hope they’re nitro safe as all of Nash’s guitars are finished in nitro (as far as I know). I have a bunch of those cases for various partscasters too.

Fendereedo and stefanhotrod like this.
  16. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I use SKB but too cheap to buy new so I look for fairly valued guitars with cases I like and resell the guitar with a gig bag or no case at all. I have several guitars that came with tweed cases that I like but I like to keep them nice as well so they only get used at home. It is easy for me as all my guitars are Telecasters or Strats :)

I think the Godin gig bags are the best but I still don't go out of the house with guitars that I cherish in a gig bag.

Fendereedo likes this.
  17. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

All of my guitars live in cases. The G&G Fender CS case is the best, hands down. My Telecaster is in a Fender tweed case. The hardware is good, as is the plush. The ends look like leather but are some sort of synthetic that doesn’t wear as well. The problem with the Fender TSA case for my other Strat is that the tremolo arm has to be removed before it can be closed. It can stay in place in the CS case. The case for my Annie is an old fashioned Gretsch hard shell case. That’s mostly a good thing. My Gibson SG lives in an Epiphone case that Sam Ash threw in when I bought it. It’s surprisingly good. My acoustlives in a Road Runner case that I bought to bring the guitar home from California inside the jet. I got a little push back but they don’t push back hard when you fly in the front of the jet. The foam of the Road Runner case is pretty good for maintaining a healthy environment inside my house. The two cases I have no hesitation recommending are the G&G FCS case and the Road Runner case.

Fendereedo likes this.
  18. Ronzo

Ronzo Tele-Holic

My Fenders (guitars and basses) live in G&G cases. Yes, the Jazzmaster case is somewhat larger and more expensive. Worth it, IMO.

My acoustics live in Road Runner cases.

My 335 types live in Epiphone and Musicians Friend archtop cases. My Les Paul copy has an MF case, as well.

My one and only Gibson - a 1st generation Worn Cherry Faded SG - came with a good quality gig bag, but it lives in a Gibson hard case, complete with The Shroud Of Touring:

66F38F36-20A5-4293-9AC2-65EEDA4FA212.jpeg

Fendereedo likes this.
  19. COYS

COYS TDPRI Member

For everyday use I like the modern cases that come with the Fender MIA guitars. They are rugged enough for most and are light enough to be easy to carry around.

If I need more I'll look to a Hiscox case or similar, but for a tank like a Tele, I'm not worried. I'd probably buy the same case again if mine were ruined.

They are a classic case of "just enough" engineering.

20. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

Like some other have noted, if it's not crucial to have a 'classic' wood case, I'd seriously look at higher end gig bags such as those from Runion Blues and Mono, among others. These really up the game wrt protection and are lightweight. One of my best purchases last year was a Reunion Blues double electric bag -- absolutely wonderful for hauling nearly every kind of solidbody (except jazzmaster) guitar out of the house to practice or gig.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.