Favorite Cooking Show

Paul G.

Friend of Leo's
Great British Bake Off. I also enjoy Beat Bobby Flay. Jacques Pepin is always wonderful. Special mention for "Amy Schumer Learns to Cook", just so much fun!!

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
Great British Bake Off

There was a BBQ competition show on Netflix I liked but I can't remember the name of it right off. Sugar Rush on Netflix is good.

Carnival Eats on Cooking Channel is interesting sometimes.

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I’m more of an Alton Brown guy myself, but my family still talks about the time when we were walking through Target, and my young (probably five or six-ish at the time) daughter saw a Giada De Laurentiis cookbook and blurted out, “Look! It’s Daddy’s girlfriend!”

I'm kind of surprised Nigella Lawson hasn't been mentioned ... for similar reasons.

Last edited:

mfguitar

Friend of Leo's
I really like Kent Rollins Youtube channel. We will binge-watch Chopped at times, and I like Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, not so much for Guy but to see restaurants that I may want to visit someday.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
It's a Saturday PM PBS Show, but Kevin Belton's New Orleans cooking show ( don't know what's it's really called) is excellent

- everything he makes ( crawfish etouffee/gumbo/ shrimp & grits, desserts) just looks delicious!

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
Not your typical cooking show, but it definitely includes some how-to's and cooking tips for specific dishes: Midnight Diner (on Netflix).

It's all in Japanese, but you can watch with English subtitles. I can understand about 85% of the conversation, without the subtitles (though I do use them too, for that missing 15%).

It's about a small eatery in Tokyo, and has a separate story each episode, with some continuing story arcs as well. Each story is centered on a particular dish that is served and focused on in the episode.

Like many Japanese "dorama" (drama) shows, it can get a little sappy, but I eat this stuff up (pun intended). The stories are very sweet (again, pun intended). At the end of each show, they give tips on how to make the featured dish.

I recommend it highly. There are two "versions" though the same show. The first is Midnight Diner, 3 original seasons (made by Japanese TV) and Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories, 2 seasons, made after Netflix took over the show. Watch them in order.

I am on season 3 of the first run, though already saw some of the second run.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
of the Kitchen Babes, Nigella made everything look good

Emeril was entertaining for one segment and then became a parody of himself

Bourdain was the king because at bottom he wasn't a huckster, which probably contributed to his depression and despair

other than that, IG short vids with no talking are best

smoothrecluse

Tele-Afflicted
I really like Kent Rollins Youtube channel. We will binge-watch Chopped at times, and I like Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, not so much for Guy but to see restaurants that I may want to visit someday.

I was looking for this response. I’m a Kent Rollins fan as well. I cooked a prime rib today following his fool-proof recipe, and it always comes out perfect.

Red Baron

TDPRI Member
Hairy Bikers (the original English blokes), Gordon Ramsay Uncharted (great series), Bonacini's Italy, and anything from Anthony Bourdain. My favourite cooking shows usually feature chef's who are on the road travelling to exotic places around the world.