Favorite Cooking Show

BramptonRob1958

Tele-Holic
My mom liked that galloping gourmet show back in the day.

My mom did as well. I also enjoyed watching Graham Kerr on days off of school.

His show was the first one I thought of when I saw your thread.

He did amazingly well to be remembered for a show that ran 5 years (68-73).....

Much like Martin, Gleason and many others from that era, he always had glass of wine or sherry if I recall correctly....

Today, I like watching the British and Canadian Bake Off shows.

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
I watch cooking shows occasionally, mostly because I enjoy being annoyed. I used to like Emeril Live because it was funny sometimes- guy couldn't cook for beans, though.

WalthamMoosical

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Nigel Tufnel got nuthin' on Julia Child! Watch her crank her oven knobs up to eleven:

It's like, how much more black could those dishes be?

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's
I mostly stick to YouTube these days. I could probably write a long list but that seems a bit excessive. Almazan Kitchen is soothing. I like You Suck at Cooking too.

Vocalion

Tele-Meister
I’m more of an Alton Brown guy myself, but my family still talks about the time when we were walking through Target, and my young (probably five or six-ish at the time) daughter saw a Giada De Laurentiis cookbook and blurted out, “Look! It’s Daddy’s girlfriend!”

Last edited:

Vocalion

Tele-Meister
A special shout-out has to go to My Drunk Kitchen on YouTube. If you haven’t already, I heartily recommend giving at least the first couple of episodes a watch.

Last edited:

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
I'm still waiting for "Cookin wit Snoop Dogg" A pinch of dis and a pinch of dat and you know everything goes good with sticky bud......Sorry I just couldn't help myself, I did see one day as I was flipping through the channels Snoop Dogg was with Martha Stewart and thought to myself this is amazing, it was not long ago he was living a gang bangers life in Compton Ca. and now he is working with Martha Stewart, what a incredible turn around. What a story of knowing how to build and market your brand and making the best of it. Congrats Calvin

wacolo

Tele-Afflicted
Great British Baking Show - Everyone is genuinely talented and they are supportive of each other.

Cooks Country/Americas Test Kitchen - Interesting, unpretentious and the taste tests are always fun and interesting.

Jacques Pepin - From back in the day. He had great, simple recipes and you got the feeling he was actually cooking and prepping them in 30 minutes. Not like some shows where just laying the ingredients out would have taken an hour.

Giadda - Because, well Giada.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Well I hope this is not part of being retired, but, I sort of like some of these.

So many...barefoot contessa, Giada D, Lidia, Stanley T, Rachael Ray

There are even some that come on during afternoon news.. like Mr. Food.

I tend to like simpler ideas.
I like the ethnic ones. If I get a whiff of infomercial, I am gone, gone, gone.
Even like that Mike Colameco’s real food, even tho it’s basically him talking to chefs, eating and dissecting restaurants in NYC ( and I live nowhere near NYC).

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
I liked Nigella Bites (Nigella Lawson) and Good Eats (Alton Brown)...back when I watched TV.

Racheal Ray--her earlier stuff--when, like a pan of lasagna, she was hot and bubbly.

Brown has a pretty good YouTube channel and he's still doing it old-school.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't watch cooking tv shows, but I listen to the podcast "Cooking In Mexican from A to Z" with Aaron Sanchez and his mother.