Favorite Analog Tremolo Pedals?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Mark the Moose, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Don Rich Rules

Don Rich Rules Tele-Meister

I use a Analogman Modded Boss Tremolo.
    It sounds good. I also have a Carl Martin Surf tremolo
    which I really like.

2. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Holic

Before I sold my Studio Pro amp, I usually needed a tremolo for 1 or 2 songs a night. I bought a cheap Joyo tremolo pedal off of Amazon and it did the job really well. I now use the built in tremolo on my SFDR when I gig but I still use it from time to time with my Fender Champ

27F0A45D-5F8B-4272-86E1-39AE72727C7E.jpeg

radiocaster and Rocky058 like this.
  3. 76standard

76standard TDPRI Member

TC Jauernig Luxury Twin-Rate Tremolo. Can setup and switch to one of two different preset rates. Has a volume control to equalize the dry and tremolo outputs. Also contains a Depth knob. Very versatile pedal, well built by a little known pedal builder. Have had mine close to 15 years with problems. Pedal size is 4.5" wide by 3.5" height. Runs on -9V power supply of battery.

Attached Files:

Mark the Moose likes this.
  4. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo.

I didn’t get very far down the trem rabbit hole, because this one came a close second to the trem in my Peavey Delta Blues 210, since sold. Maybe there are better trem pedals, but this is sturdy, gets me the sound I’m looking for, and there’s no need to look further. Not nuts about control placement, but I don’t change it often, and I’m used to it now.

darkwaters likes this.
  5. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

Tuna Melt. Yep, its a LFO trem as I understand it. If it was rehoused in a metal case and had a volume trim pot inside, it would be the last tremelo pedal you'd ever need.

6. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

I just got a really intense optical tremelo pedal from a builder in Moscow that has really grabbed my attention. I bought it partly because of the unique design and price, but partly because it had a volume adjustment.

fish.jpg

But it's so intense that it's started me down a path to build a blender pedal (I think you posted to that thread). The thing I love about the 5F11 tremelo is that it still lets the attack of the parent note ring through and the tremelo effect sorta sits behind that.

A blender option seems like it would be very useful with tremelo. Otherwise, when you've got the depth set high or the wave form is extra choppy, you pretty much have to wait out the effect and basically wait for the sine wave to climb again before playing something. Turning the depth down does the same thing, but then you start to loose the "thump."

Would definitely love to own the Boss TR-2 just to own it. It's one of the classic Boss pedals that everyone should have in their bag. Like their EQ pedal, and a hand full of distortions and overdrives.

Including the DS-1: Now fight me!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  7. Mark the Moose

Mark the Moose Tele-Afflicted

I'm planning to build the BYOC Harmonic Trem, and maybe a Schaller. I also just picked up the empress tremolo 2, which is awesome.

JuneauMike likes this.
  8. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm sure it's been said
    [​IMG]

Sometimes you need a fast stutter and sometimes you need a slow throb. With this one you don't need to bend over and adjust , just hit the switch to select between the speeds you've pre-set

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    zippofan and TokyoPortrait like this.
  9. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

Yeps to both of these. Would be nice.

Pax/
    Dean

10. black_doug

black_doug Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

11. darkwaters

darkwaters Friend of Leo's

Love my Danelectro Cool Cat. Warm, rich, beautiful tremolo. Thank goodness they don't charge what it's worth. Yes, the knob placement is wonky, but that's part of its charm.

12. Hoodster

Hoodster Friend of Leo's

Has anyone tried the newish Ibanez mini tremolo, which is supposed to be analog?

13. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

I'd like one, but unfortunately, here, they do go for what they're worth - equiv. of US$126 is the cheapest one I can see. All the others range from US$190 - US$253.

Just noticed this too. Never seen one before. Dig the way at around 12 sec a sneaky thumb pushes the pealing label back down.

Pax/
    Dean

darkwaters likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.