Favorite amps to run together.

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by gobi_grey, Dec 26, 2019.

1. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Meister

Kustom 72 Coupe 212 with an old Peavey TNT130

IMG_0121 (1).JPG

stevemc likes this.
  2. jonnyfez

jonnyfez Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Princeton Reverb clean with reverb on and Vibro Champ cranked with some of the highs rolled off. Sounds great. Then for some trippy fun - add tremolo at different speeds from both amps. Makes you dizzy.

3. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

I used to place my ‘63-reissue Vibroverb on top of my (lamentedly-departed) ‘72 Bassman Ten.

Sometimes I’d run the effects through both amps, and sometimes I’d run the effects only through the Vibroverb; on the latter occasions, I’d use the master volume to dirty up the Bassman Ten.

Either way, those six ten-inch speakers sounded glorious...the fact that four of them were in a closed-back cabinet made it even bigger, fatter and glorious-er...

Nowadays I don’t think most places would allow that much wattage & volume...

stratoman1 likes this.
  4. arlum

arlum Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

My main setup includes a pair of Bruno Underground 30s in stereo. Prior to purchasing my second Underground 30 I always used a pair of Fender Concerts from the early '80s. One with two 12"s on the right and another with four 10"s on the left.

5. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Holic

The overdrive, picking dynamics and mid-bite of my '60 Gibsonette perfectly fills out the scoop, punch and sparkle of my silverface Pro Reverb. I really couldn't have planned it better.

6. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

62 gibson ga79rtv and 66 deluxe reverb. 75 vibrochamp and 76 champ. 59 princeton and 65 sears 1482. two 5e3 deluxe clones with rob's nfb in both but marshall mod in one of them. vox ac15c1 with 64 gibson ga5t. all via an morley aby pedal.

play music!

teletimetx likes this.
  7. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

For quite some time, I ran my Mission 5E3 with a SFDR through a Lehle ABY -- sonic heaven to me!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  8. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Can't say its my favorite, but its what I'm using at the (after a huge gear purge due to moving from a 2,000 sg Ft home to a 600 sg Ft condo) moment.... but I like it.

A $40 Peavey Studio Pro 12 from the 80' and a recent $150 Monoprice 15 watter. The tones are fat, clean and delicious!

drneilmb likes this.
  9. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Vox AC15C1 on edge of breakup + Excelsior Pro clean w/ minimal reverb or delay pedal.

Glorious.

10. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

I run a rack rig consisting of an Art SGX-2000 Express converted to clean tube settings and dirt provided by a Rocktron Silver Dragon pedal into a Mesa Boogie M190 and a 12 inch Peavey Black Widow speaker for the left channel and into a Trace Elliott Bonneville 4X10 for the right channel.

Another rig in the living room, a Rocktron Silver Dragon into another Art SGX-2000 into a Stromberg-Carlson PA/guitar amp conversion for the left channel and a 1968 Fender Vibro Champ with a 10 inch speaker mod for the right channel.

11. Syrinx

Syrinx Tele-Meister

Tweed champ and 5E3 is my main amp setup All vol controls set at 10 attenuates the 5e3 enough to make it closer to vol of champ- but cleaner.

12. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

1949 pp6v6 monoblock and se6L6 recordplayer conversion; using a George Dennis GD25 Panorama stereo volume pedal to pan and/or blend the 2 amps using a stable of spkrs. Also sometimes use a Muchxs Champ.

13. mabley123

mabley123 Friend of Leo's

LTD ED Metro GMP45 head x 4 Pulsonic G12Ms
    69 Blackfaced/ODS Dual Showman Rvb 2 x 15 x 1 Altec 418H x 1 Altec 421A x 1 Hemp coned JBL E120 x 1 x 12 Celestion 90w Cream or 4 x 12 100w Fane Cresendo A/Pulsonic
    2001 Fender Cyber Twin x 1 Celestion 90w Cream x 1 Celestion 150w G12H Redback

I run all my pedals into the Metro GMP45, and is the amp I plug into first
    I run the Dual Showman Dry, and is second amp.
    I use the Delay, and Compression, and Rvb on the Cyber Twin, and it is last

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. FrontPU

FrontPU Tele-Holic

BF/SF Champ + Musicmaster Bass Amp.
    They make a great stereo pedal platform and also a rich drive unit.

15. assquatch20

assquatch20 TDPRI Member

Sometimes I daisy chain from my Gibson GA-5 into my HT-5. The Blackstar is push-pull so it has some headroom where the Gibson doesn't. They go well together with the B* on its clean or dirty channel, usually leaving the Gibson at about 9 o'clock where it starts breaking up. Other times I run a stereo panning tremolo into both so it kinda ping-pongs. Kinda technically wet/dry as only one has reverb.

Or I can use the HT-5 or my Blackstar Artist 15, with the FX loop send feeding into stereo FX that run into an ADA T100S. It's a rackmount stereo power amp, 2 50w EL34 sections. So one preamp into three power amps for a wet/dry/wet thing. Works with the Super Lead but I need an ABY switcher. Hoping to add an Empress Echosystem next for some wild stereo delays.

stratoman1 likes this.
  16. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Princeton with Jensen AlNiCo 12", and AC15 with 12" Celestion Greenback
    It has more headroom than you might think. I've been recording them with my Christmas present. Cabinet mic on the Vox and mid-side mic in the room about 8ft away. IMG_20191230_083520572_HDR.jpg

Treynor likes this.
  17. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Afflicted

I'm gonna try that. My question is, why not just turn the 5e3 down to match the champ?

18. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

AC30 and Bassman. Now I am just happy to mic a Pro Jr.

19. Syrinx

Syrinx Tele-Meister

Good point! I like the tone set that way as opposed to having the 5e3 on 3 or 4 or bright channel. I only used pedals for reverb or delay, so I like my amps juicy.

20. sudogeek

sudogeek Tele-Meister

Blackfaced SFPR with GA10-SC64 and Fender 57 Deluxe RI with P12Q through a Radial TwinCity ABY. Usually the 57 Deluxe is set for a bit of breakup and the PR clean with reverb about 2.5. Occasionally, I put a bit of delay on the PR to give more space to the sound for surf or psychedelia.

Greggorios and Syrinx like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.