Farmers Market Find

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
There is a small farmers market on Saturdays that I sometimes stop at. Produce, eggs, goat cheese, herbs, plants, and a lady the does canning. Preserves, jams, chutneys, and the like.
I stopped for some chutney but she didn’t have any. I also wanted one of her Surinam Cherry jams but she had sold out of it. Grrrrrrrrr
As I was about to leave I saw this jar that caught my attention
7CAD269A-679C-4AA1-81DE-0BD45CED46B5.jpeg

400AAB50-45A1-4836-BD5D-0792D17E63EE.jpeg

So I bought it.
Decided that for lunch I’d try a peanut butter & jalapeño jam sandwich. I had no idea what to expect but as I say, “Nothing ventured, nothing lost”

Let me tell you this stuff is amazing. Not hot but a nice jalapeño zing that worked very nicely with the peanut butter. Not overly sweet, maybe a little less sweet than the Papaya or Surinam Cherry preserves.

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have tried and love red pepper Jelly OMG fantastic, great with baked chicken , a new level of taste bud extacy.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
There is a small farmers market on Saturdays that I sometimes stop at. Produce, eggs, goat cheese, herbs, plants, and a lady the does canning. Preserves, jams, chutneys, and the like.
I stopped for some chutney but she didn’t have any. I also wanted one of her Surinam Cherry jams but she had sold out of it. Grrrrrrrrr
As I was about to leave I saw this jar that caught my attention
View attachment 1012057
View attachment 1012058
So I bought it.
Decided that for lunch I’d try a peanut butter & jalapeño jam sandwich. I had no idea what to expect but as I say, “Nothing ventured, nothing lost”

Let me tell you this stuff is amazing. Not hot but a nice jalapeño zing that worked very nicely with the peanut butter. Not overly sweet, maybe a little less sweet than the Papaya or Surinam Cherry preserves.

yep. my wife makes something similar and we love it.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
There was a store in Dallas (Marty’s) that sold small 3oz jars of jalapeño jelly in mild and hot versions. The mild was too sweet and the hot was perfect

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Reports are that folks are finding salmonella at our local farmer's market recently

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I love crunchy style PeanutButter, the Jalapeno Jelly sounds like a great accompaniment to it.

Joefish

Tele-Afflicted
... after visiting the PNW last year, I received a jar of Kelly's Marionberry Habanero Pepper Jelly - OUTSTANDING!

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
I wonder how that jalapeño jam would work as a glaze for meat roasts?

A neighbor gave us a jar of homemade persimmon jam that made a killer glaze for a pork roast.

G&Lplayer

Tele-Holic
We make Thai pepper jelly, been pairing it with peanut butter for years, one of my favorite sandwiches.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
I grow several varieties of hot peppers every year, and jalapeños are always one of them. This thread just reminded me that this year I forgot the jalapeños! Doh! That jam looks tasty.