Fargen JW40 - Anybody played one?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bobbyk, Nov 1, 2007.

1. bobbyk

bobbyk TDPRI Member

The JW40 is Fargen's Jim Wieder Signature model amp. The sound samples sound pretty good. HAs anyone played through one and if so what did you think of the amp?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2. fractal

fractal Tele-Meister

Hi Bob,

(Disclaimer: I work for Fargen Amps part-time. I'm not trying to Spam, but I noticed that this didn't get any replies yet.)

The JW40 is a great amp. It is very versatile, but you probably don't want to take my word on it... :D

You may want to consider calling or e-mailing Ben about this or any of his amps. He is really pretty helpful about taking the sound you have in mind and setting you up with the right amp.

bf-amps@sbcglobal.net
    p. 916-971-4992

3. Tremo

Tremo Banned

A friend of mine has a Fargen. Not real impressed by it. Not a lot of headroom. It runs at somewhat low voltages (compared to an old Fender), and does not have a NFB loop. The low end is too loosey-goosey and it breaks up too soon. If that is what you want, then it might be right up your alley. If, OTOH, you really want more like an old Fender, the Fargens come up a bit short. Workmanship and components appear to be very good.

4. marc sosnoff

marc sosnoff Tele-Holic

i have had three fargen amps also i have many guitar buds are using them too
    we got our fargens why before ben made it big time as a builder he made our amps to what we ask for and we are all happy using them to this day

i had a jazz amp 40 watt 6l6 1x12 ev the best jazz amp period
    i have a blackbird and a el34 bordeau all awesome

i have moved on to other amps but not for any reason that the fargens did fill the bill they are high end amps and ben has always been a great guy in all repects

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.