1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Farfiza Combo Organs

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by drob, Nov 30, 2017.

1. drob

drob Tele-Holic

My son found one on an online classified this summer and we grabbed it for $100. It smelt awful, needs work, but this video has provided all of the motivation required. This is awesome ...

if you've ever done any work on them, would love to hear what I'm up against.

Thx.

2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Sorry, this is interesting as far as it goes, but I can pretty much get all those tones on my 20-25 year old Casio CT-700. I used to gig with it when I was having to play guitar AND keys in a band. But with this one instrument, I could cover Booker T, Doors, Santana, and just about anyone else. The old Farfisa's and Vox Continentals were notoriously unreliable. The only work-around I had to do on the Casio was if I started a song on guitar and then switched to keyboard, I couldn't preset the keyboard before we started....it had some kind of auto shut-off if not played for 2 or 3 minutes. Other than that, it was great.

3. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

They are awesome. My brother had one in one of our garage bands back in the day. Not as pretty as jag and Kustom but
    did that 99tears thing great :)

4. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

They were the top of the heap back in '66! Any band that had keys had one of those or a Vox. I know next to nothing about the insides.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.