Fantasy rock bands, but not using rock musicians.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Excellent choices, but I think the highly esteemed Levon might be a disqualified for being classified as an actual rock musician from some of the work he has done.
May I suggest from the same era as the others, Sammy Davis Junior on drums, vocals, and entertainment, as replacement for this otherwise, near perfect selection.
Indeed, Levon did rock!
He could play jazz, too.
He, and Rick Danko recorded with Lenny Breau in the early 60s.
Sammy Davis Jr. was indeed a brilliant all round entertainer!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Ray Charles: keys & vox
Elvin Jones: drums
Coltrane: tenor sax
Sonny Shartock: guitar
Jaco: bass

I mean who the hell would even dare follow them onstage?

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Nicolo Paganini on guitar
Edvard Grieg on bass
Enrico Caruso on vocals
Fred Astaire on drums

FA was indeed a great drummer.
Nicolo for sure but for those who consider reincarnation we may already have him (and most rock guitar players sadly seem to hate him)
Pagannini was a foppish showoff whose composing got little respect due to being oriented toward showing off his awesome chops.
Kinda like Ing Vay!
I secretly love Malmsteen but only for his forays into performing Classical style stuff.

Most may want to get a barf bag or simply not listen, but among the showoff excess is a fine stupendous musician who had no real place to fit in so he did what he could in two different music styles with some fans and more haters.

If one wants to check it out, he doesnt even play until around 5:30 and maybe gets pleasantly musical around 9:00.
I think Ive seen better versions of him doing legit Classical but cant find them now.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Man, that was a great band. A super group that surpassed the hype.

Indeed it was AND, I almost forgot, with backing vocals by the Persuasions! So sad that only Joni and Pat are left with us. Those were/are some of the top jazz players in world who didn't hesitate to play with Joni. That's BIG RESPECT!

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Frank Sinatra--vocals
Wes Montgomery--guitar, on a Fender Esquire with all the treble turned up
E. Power Biggs--B3
Richard Davis--Fender Precision Bass
Haskell Harr--drums (hey, he wrote the book!)

Rock on!