Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by johnny k, Nov 30, 2018.

1. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

I love the fallout series, i ve played the 3 and new vegas one, I need to get back in the first 2 episodes because they re masterpieces.

I didn t really get in fallout 4, and it looks like Bethesda messed up bad with the 5 (or rather 4.5) game.

Lot of controversies, glitchy game, basically unplayable when it was released. Of course the 1 and 2 games needed patches as well, but that was a good 20 years ago.

2. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

My kids are big fallout fans. They haven't played 76 yet, but they are already talking the buzz about the poor reviews. I'm not much of a gamer, but I just bought the PS4 version for my wife and I since it's based on the region we currently live in. My kiddos only want the PC version. Will wait to xmas to open it and/or play it. They can get it later if they want when prices go down.

johnny k likes this.
  3. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Afflicted

I've played them all since I was younger and my son is very much into the series. We enjoyed the last one together. He's got 76 downloaded and started playing it...seems to like it. I haven't gotten a turn yet. :)

johnny k likes this.
  4. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

I LOVED playing Fallout, 2, 3 and some of New Vegas.

But I'm done with the series. 76 I have zero interest in. I like turn based combat and picking my shots.. real time combat, no thanks.

johnny k likes this.
  5. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

Everything this company has done has been crazy buggy... the Elder Scrolls games like Oblivion and Skyrim shared a lot of the same software code and also had tons of bugs.

I haven't played the Fallout games but I remember the "Fallout" of all the bugs in just about every release.

Software is buggy period.

johnny k likes this.
  6. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I've played a lot of Fallout 3, New Vegas, Fallout 4, and Skyrim (both Old and New). Bethesda has had a lot of issues with bugs and sometimes game breaking glitches. Maybe after 6 months or so they will get things fixed.

Ironically, both Fallout 4 and Skyrim have had the modding community put out "Unofficial" patches to fix many of the issues. In some cases, the patch is required to install other mods. So Bethesda basically relies on the modding community to help make their games playable.

7. Salsg

Salsg Tele-Meister

I'm a big Fallout fan so I got 76. About 20th level so far, not the usual Fallout by Bethesda, but it's still Fallout.
    So far it's okay, I was worried about griefers, but so far only came across one of those dbags.
    There are certainly things I really dont like about it, like dehydration being ridiculously fast, and not really having the control over character development like previous games.
    But I get to fight super mutants, ghouls, etc in power armor, so there's that

johnny k likes this.
  8. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Holic

The game is selling so badly, it is almost half off now.

johnny k likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.