1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fair price for 2020 Broadcaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleplayer99, Sep 21, 2020.

1. teleplayer99

teleplayer99 Tele-Meister

This one has all the case candy some dings, and a tiny piece of finish missing on side. I did try the blend mod, but is now back to a 3 way. Might not be able to find "blend kit" so its a player. I just have no idea how to price it but got hit with unexpected $2000 medical bill. Planned on a keeper but you know what John Lennon said about life.

Steve Holt and rangercaster like this.
  2. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

These are $2000 new, if I recall correctly. In the condition you describe, $1500 would be a stretch. $1250 more like it.

Dan_Pomykalski, stepvan and tce63 like this.
  3. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

so the blend kit is worth $250? I don't see a single used 70th An. Broadcaster on reverb. I'd put it on reverb for $1700 or offer and see what happened. I would charge shipping for that too. I don't really even see many avri Teles on reverb under $1450 asking price, and the broadcaster is much rarer, and I daresay a bit more desireable at this point than than one of those.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Steve Holt and Piggy Stu like this.
  4. Fender-guy

Fender-guy Tele-Meister

One popped up used at one of my local guitar shops. I think it was probably too heavy so it was returned.

It was $2200(CAD) so whatever that is in US dollars. I wanted to grab it and it didn’t last long. Just to heavy for me.

5. teleplayer99

Found the "blend kit" on ebay for $10 a perfect match for Fender including looks. The finish issues have to be looked for to see them. But I understand these "may" be collectable down the line. I am just a player. My opinion is that mine is a very comfortable playing, wonderful sounding telecaster. The build quality lets you know you are playing a high end instrument.. And I love the translucent finish over the highly figured ash body. And mine weighs 7.1 lbs. I want to find a way to keep this guitar. But I think $1700 open to offers on reverb couldn't hurt.

6. dickey

dickey Friend of Leo's

Tell the medical people you'll pay installments, like $100/month. As long as you make an attempt to pay, they can't do anything to you or your credit. I've done it a few times, and they always go for it. Keep the guitar.

7. teleplayer99

Thank you very much, but I was unaware of that and have already paid the bill. I may eat beans like a cowboy to keep this guitar. And its a superb example. The people that made it were having a great day. Great figuring from the ash. Weighs 7.1 pounds. Sound/setup/action/intonation right on. And comfortable to play due to the excellent fretwork.

8. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Just my two cents...If you like this guitar I'd say hunker down financially and keep your Broadcaster. My standard for buying/selling is 60% of new price. $1700 would be wishful thinking none the less. Plus it sounds like you might regret selling it down the road.

Piggy Stu likes this.
  9. Boreas

Boreas Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Nothing wrong with beans... Good source of protein.

Keep the guitar, as you will likely just buy another one as soon as you get financially straight again. Drop the cable TV until then...

Dan_Pomykalski and Rocky058 like this.
  10. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Keep it! There are other ways to make up the difference. Fortunately 2k being a good amount of money to drop it's not life changing so you can work around it somehow.

Rocky058 likes this.
  11. teleplayer99

With a daughter having cancer and complications. She is my priority. I bet I can get one after awhile.
    My prayer for me was to become less selfish this year. I am making progress, but its still all about me. An electric guitar is a small thing even though I have a Swart amp and an original Blackstar. And 000 Martin and a Republic reso. I nam fine and appeciate all of you going

AlbertoMilanese likes this.
  12. teleplayer99

Stayed up all night. Sure wouldn't win me a spelling bee. And I really appreciate. helping a stranger out...it help me keep my salinity. May the Lord bless you all.

13. teleplayer99

And by the time, I am ready to buy another one, the used ones will be on the market. Its all good.

14. Boreas

Boreas Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Yes, that would be a priority. Perhaps you have a friend that could "buy" it for a while with the stipulation you could buy it back in the future? But as you say, it isn't the only Broadcaster out there.

15. teleplayer99

It is a great example of a Broadcaster. Great neck and weighs 7. 1 lbs. I think I will focus on the tinted neck. Never liked that. Sigh.

16. ECC83

ECC83 TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

I was in a very similar situation a few years ago, except I've found myself in it merely days before I pulled the trigger on a dream tele. That tele was somewhat limited, but easily obtainable at the time (CS Deluxe). They became rarer since then, and prices have shoot up, so I couldn't afford it anymore, which is why I got my Broadcaster only a couple of months ago.

If money is tight, sell your Broadcaster now and don't worry about getting it back, get the best deal you can. Reach out to the place where you bought it, maybe they will stretch their return policy given your circumstances (don't hesitate to mention it).

You'll get another nice guitar once you and your family are through this. Something else will pop up and make you equally happy.

(Maybe get a used Squier if it's your only guitar, being able to play is important for your own sanity in times like these).

Good luck!

17. teleplayer99

Sorry for the time you guys spent answering me. Its too good to sell. And I have a 54 Stratocaster that is great also. I will find a way to handle it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.