Face to face in Northwest Arkansas

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Harry Styron, May 4, 2019.

1. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

’64 Tele and his wife came to Berryville, Arkansas, this morning where my wife and I sometimes join a jam hosted by our friends Kirk and Cara each Saturday morning at the farmers market on the square.

It was great to meet them, and I hope to coax ‘64 Tele to bring his guitar and play some folky blues with us.

It would be great to meet some other TDPRI friends there. Surely there are others in SW Mo and NW Ark.

2. loco gringo

loco gringo Tele-Meister Platinum Supporter

I am in Fayetteville. I would run over there one Saturday and check out the farmer's market, though it would probably be June before I could do it.

Harry Styron likes this.
  3. Harry Styron

Sounds good. The farmers market in Berryville is tiny; nothing like the one in Fayetteville.

I have other commitments for most of June. PM me if you’re coming.

4. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

I go there on occasion as I have family in Rogers, if I'm there at a certain time and vintage Fenders are abound....count me in!

5. '64 Tele

'64 Tele Tele-Holic

Yes, want to thank Harry for the invite and the meeting with him, also getting to meet his wife.
    Although, no Tele's were involved (or damaged in the process), enjoyed my "attempting" to do some acoustic picking.
    Only acoustic I own is a Taylor my wife bought me a few years ago for Mother's Day (still trying to figure that one out) and my acoustic experience(s) are using them texturally on recordings.

Harry Styron likes this.
  6. Harry Styron

There is an outlet, if you need to plug in an amp.

7. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

From the title of the post I thought this was going to be one of those great old school Field and Stream stories about fighting a wounded grizzly with a bowie knife until you could finish him off with your .44, but I also thought it said Northwest Alaska

Harry Styron and Cantbreak100guy like this.
  8. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

I used to get up there to float the Buffalo every spring, though I haven’t been in about 3 years. We would put in at Bakers Ford and get out just past Hwy 65 at Gilbert.

I’ve got tons of friends up there. It is some of the most beautiful area in the United States.

Harry Styron likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.