F1 on Netflix

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by kelnet, Mar 21, 2019.

1. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

Spot-on summary there.
    2 weeks ago, Quatar MotoGP. The top 5 covered by half a second, several lead changes on the last lap including the very last corner. That's racing!

2. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

I've seen the first three episodes. Meh.. I may or may not watch the rest.

I enjoy watching F1 qualifying sessions and races as much as anyone, but the behind-the-scenes drama doesn't interest me.

3. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

I saw that episode. Those were McLaren guys.

4. alathIN

alathIN Tele-Holic

It's cool if they're getting back there.
    They've just been away for so... so... looonng

5. alathIN

alathIN Tele-Holic

The years where the crown of "dominant team" was shared were better than average. What really got me tuning out was the years when there was just one team that won almost all the races.

I guess old curmudgeons always think the "golden age" was when they were kids/tweens. But just a quick check shows 6 different teams winning F1 races in 1975. 6 in 1974. 6 in 1976 (although had Lauda not crashed at the 'Ring he would likely have won at least a few more).
    And you look at the McLaren, Ferrari, Lotus, March, and Tyrell cars from that year, they look totally different - reflecting different priorities and design philosophies. Plus, bonus points for Tyrell running a car with SIX FREAKING WHEELS.
    Also, look at the personalities of Lauda and Hunt, reflected in their driving styles. It's hard to imagine two more different people having the same job and doing it so differently.
    That was racing that was fun to watch.

I wrote something about this rivalry a few years ago here

6. xgritzx

xgritzx Tele-Meister

well, Ferrari and Mercedes told Netflix to kick rocks. that why. but liberty media has said they will likely force the top teams to participate for season 2...

as far as Ferrari and their team orders are concerned, I think they should let Leclerc drive all over vettel and eventually will. in race one, they were right. no reason to do it. neither Ferrari was going to compete against the mercs. im a lifelong Ferrari fan by birth but I can't stand vettel. he has been overrated from the start. he's a solid driver but hes not a legend. the red bull he drove to 4 championships was. any reasonable driver likely would have done the same. red bull, like Mercedes now, was unstoppable. I think last year ferrari could have had the championship if not for vettel making errors a guy with that much experience shouldn't be making. and if they didn't it would have been really damn close. i really wish that they had kept Sergio as principal. vettel is the problem. however vettel is racing for his life now because if Leclerc even gets a sniff at Hamilton Ferrari will abandon vettel. not to mention, you know Ferrari is salivating at getting mick Schumacher into that car ASAP, which is its own conversation, but.... vettel can't even breath wrong this season.

anyway. ill stop here, lol, I could ramble on about F1 for pages and pages.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.