Fête de la Musique - France - June 21st

Discussion in 'International Gig Alerts' started by Stencil, May 18, 2011.

1. Stencil

Stencil Tele-Meister

As some of you may know, for the last 30 years or so, June 21st has been Music Day in France.

On that day, there are thousands of concerts, mostly open air, across the country, ranging from street corner buskers to full-blown stadium rock. Best of all, it's all free.

I started this thread in the hope (operative word, given the amount of traffic in this forlorn corner of TDPRI) that those of you with Fête de la Musique gigs could let the rest of us know.

There are a fair number of TDPRIers living in France, and furthermore, there are those on holiday from the UK, Germany, the States...

So, I'll start:

- My band, Stencil H, at 20:00, on the main stage in the city park at Saint-Germain-lès-Arpajon, 25 km south of Paris.

Best,

2. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

Fête de la Musique is also huge in Berlin. and all over Europe. 109 stages in Berlin so far.
    http://www.europeanmusicday.eu/

I probably won't be playing with my band this year but I'll enjoy it non the less.
    have fun and rock the stage, Stencil.

3. Stencil

Stencil Tele-Meister

Thanks Alamo,

Your good wishes will come in handy as the all-new line-up had its first rehearsal last week!

In the meantime, we've also booked to play La Fête de la Musique on May 18th at la Ferté-Alais, an airfield 30 km south of Paris. Due to the 21st being a weeknight, some towns have moved the festivities to the prior weekend.

Best,

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.