Extremely Long Songs or Songs Meant to be Played in Order as One Piece of music That You Love?

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
I've always loved it when a band comes up with a lengthy piece of music that pulls me in, keeps my interest and fulfills expectations during the listening experience. I'm talking of examples of relatively modern, (the last 60 years), music compared to the lengthy masterpieces from the classical period. While cruising through my I-Tunes collection today I came upon and played Camel's "Lady Fantasy". In my opinion a true masterpiece. That, in turn, led me through other relatively longs song works like Starcastle's "Lady of the Lake", Boston's "Foreplay / Longtime", The Strawb's "Autumn", Styx's "Little Fugue in G / Father O.S.A.", Prism's "Armageddon", etc. . Any thoughts or opinions?

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
48CB9785-F9E1-4BFB-9BCE-573DEEBB9C52.jpeg

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
There are lots, for me, and many have already been listed. I like the format, though it seems to be disappearing since most people only listen to a song for a minute and then cut to another. The Dead's "Terrapin Station" mini-symphony is also excellent, and not conventionally Dead-like (that is, not a jam, though I like most any extended tune by the Dead as well). Genesis' "Trick of the Tail" is a good one, too. Though surely Tommy, Quadrophenia, and The Wall take the cake.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
It isn’t extremely long, Billy Joel’s Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.

Meatloaf, Paradise by the Dashboard Lights

Well, In a Gada Da Vida

Doors, LA Woman

Is that enough that sound nothing alike.

rdjones

Tele-Holic
Side 2 of Steppenwolf - The Second
and the all-time classic, side 2 of The Beatles - Abbey Road
Echoes
from Pink Floyd's "Meddle", a Halloween classic at our place