Examples of wah used well?

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Some very subtle and tasteful wah work in this by Mick Taylor starting at 7:40. Continues through most of the slow blues part of the song with subtle use as an accent.

FWIW, the whole song is definitely worth a listen. Best Rambler recording ever - the whole band is cooking.

ahiddentableau

Tele-Afflicted
Here's another great Tony Joe White example. Combination volume/wah here, I think (although I guess it's possible it's just straight volume, it sounds like wah to me). You get the volume swell to kill the attack of the note and then the treble builds into a pretty grind. Very subtle and tasteful. Tony was such a monster strat player. Using lace sensors here, too!

deytookerjaabs

Friend of Leo's
Miles in the 70's?

Don't forget the most important part of the wah...the tone suck. My current wah is an old Dallas Arbiter Wah Face and it's the only pedal I'm addicted to, for it's "off" position. For some it's sucking tone, for me it knocks just the right bit of harshness out of things.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I rarely mention names, but one time we did a "racks & stacks" gig for SRV. I got to see Stevie pull up a stool and work 2 wahs (I think they were Crybabies, so long ago), one with each foot from monitor world. Probably my coolest memory from my road days.

Rowdyman

Tele-Holic
I rarely mention names, but one time we did a "racks & stacks" gig for SRV. I got to see Stevie pull up a stool and work 2 wahs (I think they were Crybabies, so long ago), one with each foot from monitor world. Probably my coolest memory from my road days.
What does this mean? "one with each foot from monitor world."

Please explain, Thanks RM

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
What does this mean? "one with each foot from monitor world."

Please explain, Thanks RM
As I was standing near the monitor console at stage right (monitor world), I had a very clear view of what the entire band was doing, including SRV sitting on a stool with each foot on a separate wah.
As soon as I hit the post button, I realized I could have been a bit more clear. Sorry for any confusion.

Rowdyman

Tele-Holic
As I was standing near the monitor console at stage right (monitor world), I had a very clear view of what the entire band was doing, including SRV sitting on a stool with each foot on a separate wah.
As soon as I hit the post button, I realized I could have been a bit more clear. Sorry for any confusion.
Cool, Thanks!! regards, RM