Ex-bandmates want to meet for a drink!

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
The drummer from the band I had to basically quit last year for health reasons had texted me about getting together for a drink. Then I found out the lead singer wants to be there, too. So now I'm thinking there's more than just a casual drink. Not to jinx it but I hope so. I miss that band.

We're meeting in a couple of hours.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
658BE100-7BE4-4F4B-8199-FDD640372D77.png

Billy3

Tele-Holic
1. "Hey, let's get together and jam" Or 2, "So bro, it's been awhile since we've talked or hung out. Well..since then we got a recording deal and we're going to be using are old stuff we wrote with you that you have no rights to. Cool with that? If not, contact our lawyer. Here's their card. " "Later bro!" Lol . Hope that is not the case man. As long as you all get along, enjoy getting back with the band.

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
Keep us posted!
No news. The chosen meeting place had a band that was VERY loud and played an unbelievably long set. When I left they had been playing for over two hours and I realized that he there would be no real discussion. We did try to talk some but it was like yelling. As I was leaving the lead singer said he wanted to talk to me and we would have to have dinner sometime. It was nice seeing them again. It was just like old times with us.

Bob M

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
At the very least you touched base with some old buddies. Never a bad thing. I played with a group of guys for 15 years before Covid and age stopped us. We are in the process of planning a reunion and I’m really looking forward to it. No pretense of starting it up again but it will be great to see those guys again.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
No news. The chosen meeting place had a band that was VERY loud and played an unbelievably long set. When I left they had been playing for over two hours and I realized that he there would be no real discussion. We did try to talk some but it was like yelling. As I was leaving the lead singer said he wanted to talk to me and we would have to have dinner sometime. It was nice seeing them again. It was just like old times with us.

Man that sorta sucks, but at least you got together with em. I had a similar experience recently, in a venue like you describe, and yeah.... pretty much 0 conversation... Maybe you can get em to meet up at a diner or something, some day ;)