1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Evolution of the Bushcaster

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Bush Wiebe, May 22, 2012.

1. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

I bought this guitar from someone on the forum. Kinda quirky but it's made of vera wood (palo santo) and that is what I wanted. This wood grows in Paraguay where my family is from and I have long wanted a guitar built from palo santo so I grabbed it.

Attached Files:

2. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

I very nervously started to change things on it, and after many many mistakes and regrets and a few tears, here is the finished product. I changed the headstock, the shape of the body and put in different pickups. It's not professional by any stretch of the imagination but it works. Kinda bush-league you might say. And that suits me just fine!

Attached Files:

3. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I really, really, like the last version much more than the first, and I'm sure it feels much happier now as well.

4. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, a huge improvement. Really nice.

5. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

Thanks, I'm quite happy with it. It plays really well, still have some grounding issues though. Will have to take care of that next. Not sure how to fix it but I'll search the forum and see what I can find.

6. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's

No offense to the original luthier, but your improvements work better. Nice job!

It'll be difficult to ground your circuit to the bridge posts, but you should be able to run a wire that intercepts one of the Bigsby screws... that oughta work.

7. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

I have a ground running to the Bigsby but it still hums like crazy. It is really bad. Any other suggestions on how to fix it?

8. crazydave911

crazydave911 Doctor of Teleocity

Can you draw a good diagram of how you wired it? Failing that, how about pulling the control plate back off, flip it over and take some good photos from a few different angles. If you do this, do not disconnect anything............yet ;)

9. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

Here are a few pics, let me know if they're not good enough (I'll post a few more). I took the entire system out of another guitar and put it in as it was. The ground goes from the jack to the Bigsby.

I don't know much about how this stuff works so this could be a total disaster for all I know! Tell me what you think and thanks for your help! Whatever you're getting paid is not enough.

Attached Files:

10. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

A few more

Attached Files:

11. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

El mucho mo bettah!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.