Evidence of magnetic field reversal

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by schmee, Jul 12, 2019.

1. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Afflicted

Yeah Baby, bring it on! No more smart phones!!! I have a feeling those fidget spinner thingys will skyrocket in value once the shift occurs... ;)

2. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

Right. We can't discuss brainwashing, or jingoism, here, but if the citizens who grasp reality don't get off the couch and put down the cell phone for long enough to address current issues, it will get ugly very quickly.

2 Headed Goat likes this.
  3. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Afflicted

That will be the true zombie apocalypse....
    They will all just think their phones ran out of juice... or will try to download a reversal app. ;)

4. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

so, when this happens will we say get off my back lawn?

5. ejphotos

ejphotos Tele-Meister

images (1).jpeg

SolidSteak likes this.
  6. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire

Yep. The fact is nobody knows exactly what effects a reversal or attempted reversal will have on current humans systems and ecosystems. No one knows how long a reversal will take. These unknowns are exactly why this "lonely" tree is a good find, it could provide clues on what to expect or not expect.

Did anybody else read this article? Citing solar flares being more imperative only furthers the point: a weakened magnetosphere will leave us more vulnerable to flares, potentially knocking out large portions of our tech, including Global Positioning System satellites.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    dogmeat likes this.
  7. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Afflicted

The last study I recall hearing on the general topic (Nature scientific journal) noted a quicker reversal time than some anticipate - approximately 7,000 years. Though a precise time-frame still remains uncertain. I suppose in geologic time scale that is fast!

8. BorderRadio

They won't be asking you for advice on this forum, that's for sure :)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. ecoast

ecoast Tele-Holic

alien.jpeg

Piggy Stu likes this.
  10. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

These events have happened again and again in the past for varying durations; welcome to the plant... Don't think it would happen overnight and require me to tweak all my pickups for RWRP phasing!!!

11. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I plan on dying in the next 15 or 20 years, so if it doesn't happen by then, I don't care.

12. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

You're already a northerner. The equator is south of you.

13. BorderRadio

It's only a tree that may inform us on what happens through a polarity reversal, what's to learn? This magnet stuff happened plenty of times, humans lived through it unscathed before, right?

Floods, volcanoes and earthquakes have been happening over and over for millions of years, people got over it, moved out of floodplains, built cities away from fault zones when the eggheads figured out plate tectonics. Oh, crap that's not what happened, shoot. Well, people will die, but the "strong" survive so they can make insurance claims, rebuild cities, whole communities, and have more children, so what?

Such humanity :rolleyes:

I certainly hope to see real humanity in LA, helping folks out under a possible deluge...

SolidSteak likes this.
  14. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

There is no “interesting” anymore. EVERYTHING is alarming. Interesting hasn’t been around for a few years now.

Teleterr likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Maybe they should be! :D:lol:

16. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

I'm in favor of treating the magnetosphere as a commodity. There has to be some way to make money on this.

Piggy Stu likes this.
  17. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

I spent more time than I should have searching for a Stranger Things S03 picture for a magnet meme. I googled "stranger things magnets." I googled "Joyce Byers magnets." I found nothing!

You win the internet today! :)

ejphotos likes this.
  18. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

I think it's cool. It's like core samples from the Arctic Circle - a time machine of sorts. Why wouldn't a scientist want to take advantage of such a resource?

There wasn't really anything in the article that seemed alarming, or suggested that disaster is about to strike.

Obsessed likes this.
  19. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Magnetic reversals are well documented and their existence as stripes in the Earth’s crust parallel to tectonic plate spreading centers was a key piece of evidence for plate tectonics. The Pacific Northwest is overdue for a 9 Richter scale superquake and tsunami. California is overdue for a big one. With science we now realize how lucky we’ve been, but also realize how bad it’s going to be when it comes. An asteroid will also eventually wipe us out as it did the dinosaurs. The certainty of these future events is why some futurists insist we need to colonize other planets. I am skeptical given our poor record of stewardship for the most habitable planet we know of within range of travel.

kbold and 41144 like this.
  20. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

Knowing that the earth's polarity can and does flip is not news ... So, no idea as to the voracity of newsweek.com from this side of the pond but ....!

Within geological time scales this event has been known to occur and, within geological timescales, alarmingly suddenly.

But news ...nah!

notmyusualuserid likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.