Everyone needs a "Fulltone"

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by TheRumRunner, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Cooper Black

Cooper Black Tele-Afflicted

I just brought home a Vox AC30C2 and I'm just starting to feed pedals into it. I now have a whole new level of appreciation for the FD2. CompCut mode work amazingly well with this amp to drive its pre-amp tubes into OD. Soft touch gets you bell-like cleans and a strong pick attack brings out serious OD (and of a nature I don't get from just running the pre-amp WOT). Running it 9V via battery right now instead of my usual 18V from a DC Brick.

2. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

I enjoy the FD2, in part, because of it's ability to produce very natural OD tones and harmonics and keep the character of your guitar intact.

3. Tronc the cube

Tronc the cube Tele-Meister

Just got my ocd in the mail, zippity do dah. What a sound! Just what the blurb says it does. I must have the right kind of junk in my rig for the stars to aline and give me the good tone. Will report back after a few gigs.

4. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

I have a modded DS-1 with two Fulltone knobs.

[​IMG]

I've only played a couple of Fulltone pedals, and OCD and a Fulldrive of some sort. Didn't care for either one.

5. NiceTele

NiceTele Tele-Afflicted

Got a FD2 mosfet with the JHS mod to split the pedal so the boost is seperate from the OD, or can be used together, makes it a much better pedal and Fulltone should make the pedal this way. Sold my first FD2 mosfet as I couldn't get the right tone with a Tele/ Strat and DRRI, just too bright, but with my Laney VC30 it works fine. Might get a OCD soon to add to the FD.

6. Paulie13

Paulie13 Tele-Holic

Just watched a video on this yesterday, gave me some GAS. I like the added gain, but I wish it came with more volume increase as well.

That said, huge FD2 fan. I have the non-mosfet version, which I just got after foolishly selling my first a few years back. For me, I like it much more at 18v. Also have the Clyde Deluxe on my board as well. It's my favorite wah I have ever used, not only for its tone but for the fact it doesn't affect my regualr tone whatsoever when not in use.

7. Tronc the cube

Well that was a pisser. All good in the home studio. Played a gig and it was fizzy. Gain all the way down couldn't get rid of it. Might be good for a chunker setting but I need it for just a hint of grit. Well the search continues til then I'm back using my trusty rambling guitars od. It might be all I need but the grass seems greener elsewhere, always.

8. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

I have a Fulltone Plimsoul. Versatile and interesting. Anyone else own this pedal?

9. maryjane

maryjane Tele-Afflicted

LOL, my pedal board is smaller than yours and i can barely lift it.

it does have a '69 fuzz, and ocd, and clyde.....it IS good sounding gear.

10. Tronc the cube

Back in studio playing it through 1976 bassman 100. More cranked tones very good, fizz is gone. I might have to form another side project to use this set up.

11. Bonker

Bonker TDPRI Member

I have an OCD v3 that can't be away from my pedalboard for very long.

12. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

count me in for an OCD.

13. CyanideJunkie

CyanideJunkie Tele-Holic

I've got a Catalyst that does wonders as a clean boost. Stacked in front my Eternity Black, it really brings out the punch and clarity. Oddly enough, even though they're both based on the same circuit I preferred the Catalyst over the Fat Boost.

14. kavalero

kavalero Tele-Meister

Everyone loves the OCD, no doubt .. very versatile device.

15. telejnky

telejnky TDPRI Member

+1 on the ocd

16. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I just purchased an OCD v1.4 from another forum member. I don't know why I waited so long to get one.

17. Just-Jim

Just-Jim Tele-Afflicted

Just became a recent OCD owner. I am first and foremost kind of a tube screamer clone fan and wanted something with a different flavor. I don't consider the OCD a tube screamer clone (though I could be wrong on that). I was hesitant to pull the trigger as not all reviews of the OCD were favorable. The negative things I read on the pedal seemed to have been blown out proportion. I just can't find a major down side to the pedal and it has exceeded my expectations. I was expecting it to color my tone a little based on reviews. To me it sounds like my amp dialed in to where I want it with some growl added in without coloring my tone. Maybe the only negative thing I can say about it is that I can't dial in too much bass without it getting a little muddy (and I like getting heavy on bass), but I find that with most pedals. The best way I can describe the OCD is that is sounds like an improved version on the 78 Bada$$. I only say improved because the OCD sounds thicker than the 78. I still love the 78, but I found it sounded thin on my bridge pickup. Yes, waited way too long to get this pedal.

18. vernon

vernon Tele-Meister

Supa-Trem is my favorite Fulltone pedal... wonderful tremolo. Plus the hidden boost thing it does in the soft setting with knob turned off. Dig it.

19. bigmuff113

bigmuff113 Friend of Leo's

add me to the list

Attached Files:

20. fulldrive

fulldrive TDPRI Member

Ok I've got: deja vibe, fd2, Robin Trower overdrive, catalyst, Clyde wah, an fb-3 and an fb-2, a 69 mk2, and I had an octafuzz until recently

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.