Every so now, and then it pays to go to a thrift store. NGD

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
Awesome man!!! How the heck do these Goya's end up there?? I've never found one but I've got a buddy who's found 3 of em over the years at these thrift stores, and all of them are wonderful! I recently did some work on one of em for him. It just needed some truss adjustment, new strings, and general cleanup and she was good to go. I did find a really nice Jasmine by Takamine acoustic for 17 bucks! She's really sweet and is my "knock around" guitar. Had her for 10 years.

I see them fairly often (for something I had never heard of before) on shopgoodwill.com, along with a lot of Sigmas (another Martin copy/authorized “cheap” version). My 12-string is a Japanese Sigma I got locally via Facebook and it’s lovely. Both just needed a cleanup, truss rod tweak and a slight saddle shave to be just fine.

Here’s my aforementioned Goya and the Sigma along with a ‘60’s Goya dread I got on Reverb. Unfortunately I’m not connecting with that one very much.

176E7490-FB3E-4F95-BDBB-EC306136DEA0.jpeg

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
It was more that a few year back but I had a friend that found an early 50's Tele maple neck at a Good Will in a box with a bunch of umbrellas!

refin

Friend of Leo's
Nice snag,Blazer (and all you other guys)!
I went into a Goodwill that I have had luck with before,and snagged this Sigma SDM-18 for the grand (and crazy) total of $7.97...it even has a solid top!

Attachments

• IMG_20220701_165117636.jpg
    IMG_20220701_165117636.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 12

envirodat

Tele-Holic
I have not seen any in a Goodwill by me. For those who do snag one are you near a big city?